HELP: Offer deadline approaching!!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

HELP: Offer deadline approaching!!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:57 am

Hey everyone,

Two weeks ago, I got an offer from a midsize. I told my last outstanding V-100 about the offer and its two-week deadline, and the V-100 responded by requesting a second writing sample. The V-100 hasn't given me a response, and the deadline is approaching (next week)! How do I follow up with the V-100 without sounding too pushy and annoying?!

zomginternets

Re: HELP: Offer deadline approaching!!

Postby zomginternets » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:36 am

If you told them of your deadline, I wouldn't call them again until 1-2 days before offer expires.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:49 am

zomginternets wrote:If you told them of your deadline, I wouldn't call them again until 1-2 days before offer expires.

I'm worried about the holidays. My deadline is a few days after Christmas, and I'm not sure what the firm's schedule is around this time. Thoughts?

wiscohopeful

Postby wiscohopeful » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:10 pm

If you told them they will make sure to figure things out if they are interested. They aren't going to forget about you as a potential hire they are interested just because its vacay time...

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:20 pm

I say leave it. And follow up maybe 36 hours before the deadline if you haven't heard.

Return to “Legal Employment”