Interview w/ Midsize firm - email partner in practice group?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interview w/ Midsize firm - email partner in practice group?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:16 am

2L who struck out at oci. I have an interview with a mid-size firm next week for a SA position. It is a pretty decent firm with various practice areas. I'll be meeting with 1 partner and 1 associate. They just took on board a new partner who is pretty big in a particular practice area that the firm did not have before he joined (i.e. he is starting the group there and is the only one in it right now). This is actually the type of law i am most interested in (and have relevant experience). Would it be bogus to email him before my visit and mention im interviewing with the firm and am very interested in his work and would love to chat while im there if he has time.

Master Tofu

Re: Interview w/ Midsize firm - email partner in practice group?

Postby Master Tofu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:25 am

Do it.

2LLLL

Postby 2LLLL » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:15 am

If you can string together a legitimate paragraph about why you're interested in his practice area, then why would you not do this?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:19 am

totes do that

Return to “Legal Employment”