Department of Homeland Security??

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Department of Homeland Security??

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Is the Department of Homeland Security a good place for a summer internship for someone interested in national security? DOJ - NSD would be my top choice, but is this at all comparable?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voodoo94

Re: Department of Homeland Security??

Postby Voodoo94 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

This question is comparing apples to oranges.

A state AG's office and DHS Headquarters in Washington - a cabinet level department - are two entirely different trajectories within their own career paths.

As a former DHS employee (2006-2010), I would need to know "where" and "what" to provide even a modicum of useful advice.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:59 pm

I am interested in working for the federal government on national security issues - the AG's office would not be in national security issues, but seems like a good experience.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:56 pm

bump

Return to “Legal Employment”