second-guessing

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

second-guessing

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Is anyone else second-guessing their choice of firm for SAing (and beyond)? I went with a pretty well-established (but not on an upward trajectory) V50. I turned down another V50 and two V100s. It's one of the V100s that is niggling me...it seems to be on an upward trajectory, and it's a lot more convenient to where I live. I'm thinking I should've gone with the rising star, and I'm regretting the fact that I chose a long commute when I'm going to be working long hours (can't move). I probably would've felt buyer's remorse if I went with the V100, too....grass is always greener

Luxury problem, I know, but it's stressing me

Anonymous User

Re: second-guessing

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:06 am

Somewhat with you on that. Chose a firm based on fit, assuming I'll do corporate work (which they are baller at). Took a trial ad class and realize I might want to be in the courtroom, starting to regret turning down some other firms that were top-notch litigation.

I think we just make the best of it and only think about changing after the summer, and only if it's a pretty bad experience.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:45 am

Based on the fact that your post consisted of nothing but vault rankings, relative vault rankings, and vault ranking changes, I hate you.

I realize that's not relevant or helpful, but I thought you should know.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:49 am

thesealocust wrote:Based on the fact that your post consisted of nothing but vault rankings, relative vault rankings, and vault ranking changes, I hate you.

shaddup and drink your scotch.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Somewhat with you on that. Chose a firm based on fit, assuming I'll do corporate work (which they are baller at). Took a trial ad class and realize I might want to be in the courtroom, starting to regret turning down some other firms that were top-notch litigation.

I feel you bro. Just realize that chances are that even if you do lit, you probably will never get in the courtroom. Do you have a passion for discovery, pretrial process, rule 12(b)(6), and rule 56? If you do, then okay, maybe try to change.

Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone else second-guessing their choice of firm for SAing (and beyond)? I went with a pretty well-established (but not on an upward trajectory) V50. I turned down another V50 and two V100s. It's one of the V100s that is niggling me...it seems to be on an upward trajectory, and it's a lot more convenient to where I live. I'm thinking I should've gone with the rising star, and I'm regretting the fact that I chose a long commute when I'm going to be working long hours (can't move). I probably would've felt buyer's remorse if I went with the V100, too....grass is always greener

lol
Last edited by Grizz on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone else second-guessing their choice of firm for SAing (and beyond)? I went with a pretty well-established (but not on an upward trajectory) V50. I turned down another V50 and two V100s. It's one of the V100s that is niggling me...it seems to be on an upward trajectory, and it's a lot more convenient to where I live. I'm thinking I should've gone with the rising star, and I'm regretting the fact that I chose a long commute when I'm going to be working long hours (can't move). I probably would've felt buyer's remorse if I went with the V100, too....grass is always greener

For the bolded, you should try to get the convenient firm back during recruiting season next year. It should be easy since you changed your mind about what you want to do.

I turned down another V50 and two V100s.

Quite the anony-brag here.

mrloblaw

Postby mrloblaw » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:04 am

IAFG wrote:
thesealocust wrote:Based on the fact that your post consisted of nothing but vault rankings, relative vault rankings, and vault ranking changes, I hate you.

shaddup and drink your scotch.

I happen to agree with him.

KMaine

Postby KMaine » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:00 am

Niggling?

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:04 am

KMaine wrote:Niggling?

--ImageRemoved--

luthersloan