Holiday cards for firm I will be working at.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Holiday cards for firm I will be working at.

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Has anyone sent holiday cards or some equivalent to the partners of the office that they will be working at in the summer? Is this something that will be viewed as trying too hard?

Is there something else I might do to stay in touch/reaffirm my commitment/excitement to be working there?

Sorry to post anon but apparently it is offensive if you have a job and tell people.

c3pO4

Re: Holiday cards for firm I will be working at.

Postby c3pO4 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:31 pm

i wouldnt want to risk being *that guy*

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:33 pm

c3pO4 wrote:i wouldnt want to risk being *that guy*

Sending a holiday card to an employer you will be working for isn't risking becoming that guy, it is stepping into the role of that guy with trumpets blaring.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone sent holiday cards or some equivalent to the partners of the office that they will be working at in the summer? Is this something that will be viewed as trying too hard?

Is there something else I might do to stay in touch/reaffirm my commitment/excitement to be working there?

Sorry to post anon but apparently it is offensive if you have a job and tell people.

You really wanna be a running joke before you even walk through the door?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:36 pm

thesealocust wrote:

Sending a holiday card to an employer you will be working for isn't risking becoming that guy, it is stepping into the role of that guy with trumpets blaring.
I must admit that I'm not surprised by the fact that a person who thought this might be a good idea appears to have gotten into social hot water for discussing job-related things.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
thesealocust wrote:

I must admit that I'm not surprised by the fact that a person who thought this might be a good idea appears to have gotten into social hot water for discussing job-related things.
Dammit anon button.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:38 pm

OP here...

So if I thought it were a good idea, I would've done it. I'm one of those straight thru school to law school types and have no idea what proper etiquette is in the world of biglaw.

Of course, this forum is increasingly appearing to be less useful as the trolling becomes out of control.

Thanks for the advice to those who took it seriously.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So if I thought it were a good idea, I would've done it. I'm one of those straight thru school to law school types and have no idea what proper etiquette is in the world of biglaw.

I'm straight through as well, and I was convinced you were trolling until now.

mrloblaw

Postby mrloblaw » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here...

So if I thought it were a good idea, I would've done it. I'm one of those straight thru school to law school types and have no idea what proper etiquette is in the world of biglaw.

Of course, this forum is increasingly appearing to be less useful as the trolling becomes out of control.

Thanks for the advice to those who took it seriously.

While I'm not SAing, I think the proper etiquette is to leave them the Hell alone until you start work.

shmoo597

Postby shmoo597 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:26 am

I thought about sending holiday cards, but then I thought that would be pretty stupid. Instead I sent all the partners I met with fruit baskets. Don't want to look like a cheapo.

Return to “Legal Employment”