How bad would this be?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: How bad would this be?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:Thread took a weird turn.

The OP's "desire" and even willingness to put his girlfriend through school exposes strange personality deficiencies that likely manifest in poor interviewing.

Odd.

OP here. I do interview poorly and have an admittedly quirky personality. Hopefully I can overcome it to the extent required for this interview.

Lord I hope for your sake the firm in question is Mayer Brown.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:Thread took a weird turn.

The OP's "desire" and even willingness to put his girlfriend through school exposes strange personality deficiencies that likely manifest in poor interviewing.

Odd.

OP here. I do interview poorly and have an admittedly quirky personality. Hopefully I can overcome it to the extent required for this interview.

Lord I hope for your sake the firm in question is Mayer Brown.

Um, no, not them, but why would they be interested in someone who is a bad interviewer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Lord I hope for your sake the firm in question is Mayer Brown.

Um, no, not them, but why would they be interested in someone who is a bad interviewer?

That's the joke/urban legend/rumor about MB. They take all the high GPA people who don't interview well and therefore strike out at better firms.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Lord I hope for your sake the firm in question is Mayer Brown.

That's the joke/urban legend/rumor about MB. They take all the high GPA people who don't interview well and therefore strike out at better firms.

Hmm, well not them and I have a rather mediocre GPA (median at a T14) anyway.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Hmm, well not them and I have a rather mediocre GPA (median at a T14) anyway.

Which t14?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:20 pm

johansantana21 wrote:Which t14?

DCNG. Rather not be more specific.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Damn. I really could've used that information at the start of the year.

Return to “Legal Employment”