Desired Salary Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mikec0824

New

Desired Salary Question

Post by mikec0824 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:46 pm

I had a phone interview with a law firm in Cleveland for a law clerk posistion, which turned into an in person interview next week. They sent me a form I need to fill out, which in one section asks my desired salary. I was wondering what would be the highest which I could reasonably ask for. Some backround info: It is a bankruptcy/foreclosure law firm. The firm has a total of 35 lawyers, but the office im interviewing for is newer and only has 8. I attend a law school in the 50-70 range and am on a secondary journal. Last summer I worked for a small personal injury law firm where I made $9/hr, under the table (treated as independent contractor). Any help would be appreciated!!

zomginternets

Silver

Re: Desired Salary Question

Post by zomginternets » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Ask for $25, accept ~$15.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:11 pm

What does OCS say? I don't know what "market" is, but you should before you answer.

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:39 pm

zomginternets wrote:Ask for $25, accept ~$15.
Yea regardless of what the actual number is, you always ask for more to anchor yourself to negotiate down.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”