Fast Track Program

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Cubyfan21

Fast Track Program

Postby Cubyfan21 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Does anyone have any information on the Haynes and Boone LLP fast track program?

Thanks

Re: Fast Track Program

Postby 20130312 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Sounds like a 1L SA for minorities (excuse me, diverse candidates) to me.

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:16 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Sounds like a 1L SA for minorities (excuse me, diverse candidates) to me.

I have a friend who did it and I know they have no diversity qualities other then being a female.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Also, these type of diversity programs apply to sexual orientation in addition to minority/URM status.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Cubyfan21 wrote:Does anyone have any information on the Haynes and Boone LLP fast track program?

Thanks

Nothing beyond my googling powers!

--LinkRemoved--

Looks like targetted to 1st years. 1 week long as opposed to a traditional summer associateship. Many of them are minorities and H&B considers women to be part of their diversity initiative:

We have several sub-committees that focus on specific areas of diversity, including Women, Minority and LGBT initiatives.

Haynes and Boone’s “1L Fast Track Program” is a truly innovative recruiting program. During the second half of the summer, Haynes and Boone invites a large group of first year law students, many of them minority law students, to spend a week at the law firm. This ground-breaking alternative to the traditional six-week summer program provides “Fast-Trackers” with a unique opportunity to experience Haynes and Boone’s dynamic culture.

NinerFan

Postby NinerFan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:27 pm

From the little I know about it, they hire some people for a week during 1L summer. Many, if not all, of those people end up getting 2L offers. It's a way for them to identify promising candidates and jump the gun on them by impressing them during their 1 week.

Return to “Legal Employment”