Federal Defender offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Federal Defender offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:20 am

My other PI offers have only increased in the last couple days or so, but I'd kill to have an offer from one of these. It's still a bit early for some PI hiring, but has anyone heard anything from other Federal Public Defenders yet? I'm specifically talking about the FPD of San Diego, but my apps are in at other FPD's as well, that office just seems to be making the employment fair rounds at the moment.

Anonymous User

Re: Federal Defender offers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:My other PI offers have only increased in the last couple days or so, but I'd kill to have an offer from one of these. It's still a bit early for some PI hiring, but has anyone heard anything from other Federal Public Defenders yet? I'm specifically talking about the FPD of San Diego, but my apps are in at other FPD's as well, that office just seems to be making the employment fair rounds at the moment.

1L here and sent apps into CDCA not too long ago. No response yet. I'd imagine it is pretty competitive. Wonder how many apps/slots there are.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:40 am

OP here. I'm talking from a 2L standpoint here, but I generally don't know how these things work - whether they do 1L/2L hiring all at once or what. In any case, I expect it to be competitive. Heck, I wouldn't mind being told that I didn't get it. I'd just like to know before taking another offer - and I don't have a lot of time on that end.

And also, you're already contacting these places before December as a 1L? I'm not hating or anything, just appreciatin' your hustle. I knew people who waited until late December or early January. Good luck on your exams and the 1L job search as well.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. I'm talking from a 2L standpoint here, but I generally don't know how these things work - whether they do 1L/2L hiring all at once or what. In any case, I expect it to be competitive. Heck, I wouldn't mind being told that I didn't get it. I'd just like to know before taking another offer - and I don't have a lot of time on that end.

And also, you're already contacting these places before December as a 1L? I'm not hating or anything, just appreciatin' your hustle. I knew people who waited until late December or early January. Good luck on your exams and the 1L job search as well.

Thank you. My CSO doesn't advertise these types of things when they pop up, so took some days off to research and draft my cover letters. Everyone says 12/1 cause of NALP, but something just kept nagging me that that wasn't the hard submission date for govt. Turns out lots of govt agencies take apps as early as October for summer so I jumped on it. In that case, I am actually pretty late to the game and I'd imagine upperclassmen would have the advantage. Good luck to you too and hope you nab the offer you want!

Return to “Legal Employment”