Anonymous User wrote:target wrote:Anonymous User wrote:Need some advice on how to handle this situation...will be interviewing for a couple of 1L firm jobs at the end of this week and next week.
Just received an offer from a USAO today that is open until February 15. Obviously I'd like to hold that open as long a possible to ssee where the firm jobs go. Two questions:
1. Better to respond to the offer today and explain that I'm interviewing with a couple of firms and thus probably won't be able to give them a decision until nearer the deadline or is it better to just not respond at all until closer to the deadline? I'm leaning towards the first but I'm not sure if that's some sort of affront to them at the USAO
2. When I interview for the firm job is there any way I can let them know that a decision would be really helpful before the 15th without being tacky?
If I were you, I would not respond to the USAO offer just yet and wait until the 15th to either accept or deny. You could bring this up during an interview by asking your interviewer what're the next steps in the process and that you are having an USAO offer so would appreciate if they could let you know by the 15th.
Interesting. So it isn't unusual to not respond at all for a couple of weeks?
Um, I would definitely email them back to let them know you received the email and will give them your decision by the deadline.