2L w SA position for only half the summer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L w SA position for only half the summer

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:54 pm

is anyone else in this position (working at a firm that only has half the summer as option and unable to find SA position for other half of summer)? Trying to figure out what to do w other half of the summer

Anonymous User

Re: 2L w SA position for only half the summer

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:09 pm

My 2L SA position is for 8 weeks. I decided not to work at the firm I worked for 1L year the second half because there is no way I would ever work there after graduation. I will be traveling and working for a professor the second half. Im worried I might be screwed putting my eggs all in one basket, but I didnt really have other options I liked....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Before I got my first half offer later in the game, I was applying to state govt. Since they don't pay you, you might be able to swing a stipend, and they can be pretty flexible about working dates. If you're in a market with a lot of splitters, you're not the first person they've looked at who wants to try both.

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Relax? Do an internship? RA for a professor? If you've got one summer gig already (that tends to make offers to their SAs), I don't think there's any need to panic about the other half of the summer. It would be nice to do something (both as a resume gap-filler and for the experience), but I wouldn't think it essential. In fact, working at another firm might even be a minus for getting a full time offer from your 1st half SA firm.

daesonesb

Bronze

Post by daesonesb » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:31 pm

I second RA'ships. These are usually paid, and can lead to good things. You could also look for a judicial externship. This is the season for it.

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Enjoy having a summer while you can.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”