3L Public Defender Applications

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
FlanAl
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby FlanAl » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:19 am

Interesting, mine just said thanks and see the details of your app below and had my address etc.. basically sent by a bot and nothing about who will let me know etc..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long did it take from first interview with NHPD to get second round? I had my phone interview about a week ago and was wondering re:timeline.

They seem to be rolling in at different times for different people. I know some people who got a second round interview two weeks after EJW, but I got a second round last week and also interviewed at EJW.

I got a second round yesterday and I interviewed on Thursday fwiw.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Prettyman is starting to interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Interviewed with BDS at EJW -- received rejection letter in mail

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with BDS at EJW -- received rejection letter in mail

Me too. That was the one interview that I thought went well too. I'm really bummed. I wonder what I am doing wrong? Do you think it's ok to ask them for advice?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with BDS at EJW -- received rejection letter in mail

Me too. That was the one interview that I thought went well too. I'm really bummed. I wonder what I am doing wrong? Do you think it's ok to ask them for advice?


Same! I wonder if anyone from EJW ended up receiving another interview with BDS?? I know they only had six openings for trial attorney positions..maybe they offered them to current interns. It's worth a shot, however, they did not respond back to my follow up email after the initial interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with BDS at EJW -- received rejection letter in mail

Me too. That was the one interview that I thought went well too. I'm really bummed. I wonder what I am doing wrong? Do you think it's ok to ask them for advice?


Same! I wonder if anyone from EJW ended up receiving another interview with BDS?? I know they only had six openings for trial attorney positions..maybe they offered them to current interns. It's worth a shot, however, they did not respond back to my follow up email after the initial interview.


Someone from my school got a post-EJW second round interview with BDS and wasn't a former intern. I also got the post-EJW rejection letter and was disappointed after feeling like the interview went well. Maybe the interviewers were just really nice??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with BDS at EJW -- received rejection letter in mail

Me too. That was the one interview that I thought went well too. I'm really bummed. I wonder what I am doing wrong? Do you think it's ok to ask them for advice?


Same! I wonder if anyone from EJW ended up receiving another interview with BDS?? I know they only had six openings for trial attorney positions..maybe they offered them to current interns. It's worth a shot, however, they did not respond back to my follow up email after the initial interview.


I'm a former intern and haven't heard back after my second round. I'm also curious about where and when you heard about them hiring 6 people. I heard about a million different things this summer but 6 people is actually not as depressing as some of the stuff I heard.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with BDS at EJW -- received rejection letter in mail

Me too. That was the one interview that I thought went well too. I'm really bummed. I wonder what I am doing wrong? Do you think it's ok to ask them for advice?


Same! I wonder if anyone from EJW ended up receiving another interview with BDS?? I know they only had six openings for trial attorney positions..maybe they offered them to current interns. It's worth a shot, however, they did not respond back to my follow up email after the initial interview.


I'm a former intern and haven't heard back after my second round. I'm also curious about where and when you heard about them hiring 6 people. I heard about a million different things this summer but 6 people is actually not as depressing as some of the stuff I heard.


Under the EJW job description for BDS trial attorney it stated that the number of openings is six.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:44 am

Anybody know when to expect to hear back after Miami PD Panel Interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody know when to expect to hear back after Miami PD Panel Interview?


You got a panel interview already? I'm still waiting on a letter after my second round...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody know when to expect to hear back after Miami PD Panel Interview?


You got a panel interview already? I'm still waiting on a letter after my second round...


I am still waiting for a letter as well for a panel interview! I thought we were supposed to be getting letters before December but I still haven't heard anything

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody know when to expect to hear back after Miami PD Panel Interview?


When did you have your panel interview? They didn't tell you anything at the end about when youd know something?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Bronx Defenders just dinged me by email. 3L

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bronx Defenders just dinged me by email. 3L


when did you interview? at the office? EJW? sorry to hear that.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:32 pm

For those who heard that Colorado 3L offers will come after 2L offers, 2L offers just started going out via email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bronx Defenders just dinged me by email. 3L


when did you interview? at the office? EJW? sorry to hear that.


I applied directly and did table talk at EJW.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Is anyone applying to post-bar clerkships in CA? And specifically, is anyone interviewing for the San Diego post-bar clerkship? Wondering if any non-local applicants have done a second round yet. I did my first round mid-Oct, I believe, and haven't heard anything yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone applying to post-bar clerkships in CA? And specifically, is anyone interviewing for the San Diego post-bar clerkship? Wondering if any non-local applicants have done a second round yet. I did my first round mid-Oct, I believe, and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm thinking about applying but IDK how much the stipend is. I'm from out of town and I want to make sure I can afford it

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Just received a Tina interview with NY Legal Aid (applied directly). I had to reschedule so I talked to her directly. She said these are the last of the first round interviews. Also, just got officially rejected by Bronx via email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just received a Tina interview with NY Legal Aid (applied directly). I had to reschedule so I talked to her directly. She said these are the last of the first round interviews. Also, just got officially rejected by Bronx via email.


Re: LAS--Did Tina mean, 1) that these are the last Tina interviews going out during this round of offering/hiring, or, 2) that LAS is currently finishing the last of its first round (mock summation) interviews?

Re: BXD--Did you interview at their office over the last two weeks, or elsewhere?


Re: BXD to everyone--Has anyone heard anything back after interviewing at their office sometime during the last two weeks?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just received a Tina interview with NY Legal Aid (applied directly). I had to reschedule so I talked to her directly. She said these are the last of the first round interviews. Also, just got officially rejected by Bronx via email.


Re: BXD to everyone--Has anyone heard anything back after interviewing at their office sometime during the last two weeks?


Also, did anyone who interviewed at their office sometime during the last two weeks ask about BxD's decision timeline?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone applying to post-bar clerkships in CA? And specifically, is anyone interviewing for the San Diego post-bar clerkship? Wondering if any non-local applicants have done a second round yet. I did my first round mid-Oct, I believe, and haven't heard anything yet.

I'm thinking about applying but IDK how much the stipend is. I'm from out of town and I want to make sure I can afford it

If you're referring to the San Diego one, I'm pretty sure it's hourly. I just can't find the amount posted anywhere. I assume somewhere around $15-$20/hr based on other post bar programs. For reference, Alameda pays $16.38/hr, and its PDs are paid $67k/year. San Diego PDs are paid $56-65k/year.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:27 pm

Got BXD reject in email today. I applied to them every summer and for an externship and never got an interview. I really hope the above poster meant the last of the 1st round interviews. I only had mine 2 weeks ago and would be really bummed if there are no more Tina interviews happening.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just received a Tina interview with NY Legal Aid (applied directly). I had to reschedule so I talked to her directly. She said these are the last of the first round interviews. Also, just got officially rejected by Bronx via email.


Re: LAS--Did Tina mean, 1) that these are the last Tina interviews going out during this round of offering/hiring, or, 2) that LAS is currently finishing the last of its first round (mock summation) interviews?

Re: BXD--Did you interview at their office over the last two weeks, or elsewhere?


Re: BXD to everyone--Has anyone heard anything back after interviewing at their office sometime during the last two weeks?

LAS--I'm not exactly sure. When I asked to reschedule she said "We were supposed to finish interviewing before Thanksgiving, so if you can't make this date, I can't be sure we'll have slots open again." And then something about how it's the end of this round. I wasnt extremely focused on that information. I was trying to figure out if I could make the interview or not.

BXD--In the last two weeks, I've done a 2nd interview with CO. I have NH, LAS, and Palm Beach (2nd round) beginning next week through the 20th.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.