3L Public Defender Applications

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Scruffy_the_Janitor

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Scruffy_the_Janitor » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:50 pm

If anyone else has accepted at the Palm Beach Public Defenders Office, PM me. I'd love to get a Facebook group going and possibly find a roommate in Florida.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know how many LAS JRP they are interviewing or hiring? Apparently they are doing final round interviews in mid-April and make offers but they hire some in October too. Has anyone heard anything yet?

Did they already contact you to schedule the final round interview?

Anonymous User wrote:Has LAS JRP scheduled the final round interviews yet? A friend and I both had second-round interviews in late 2014 and are waiting to hear something from them.

What was the final round like? If you don't mind sharing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Has san diego county started interviews?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has san diego county started interviews?

yep 1st round interviews started back in december in SD and in january in norcal. they also did some 1st round interviews on the east coast in feb. 2nd round callbacks for everyone were in feb. regarding whether a 3rd round has taken place, or whether offers have been made, i do not know. i havent heard anything since my 2nd round w david lamb back in late feb, so i think im out of the running.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:35 pm

Does anyone know whats going on with BDS?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:14 pm

I know people have asked before, but has anyone waiting to hear from LAS in April had their contacts contacted? Or are we assuming they're doing that in the beginning of April before they make offers?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has LAS JRP scheduled the final round interviews yet? A friend and I both had second-round interviews in late 2014 and are waiting to hear something from them.

It was a two-member panel, somewhat low-key. There was one hypo.

ETA: I'm not sure it was the final round, though. Does JRP do two rounds or three? I've heard two, but I might be mistaken.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

ETA: I'm not sure it was the final round, though. Does JRP do two rounds or three? I've heard two, but I might be mistaken.

I was under the impression it was 2 as well (OCI then interview with two attorneys) and was just waiting to hear something by late April, but I got a call a week or so ago asking me to come in for another interview in April, apparently with head of JRP. They contacted my references after second interview in the fall.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I had my first interview in February, and my interview was a two person panel. At that interview they told me it was two rounds, the final being with the head of JRP.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I had my first interview in February, and my interview was a two person panel. At that interview they told me it was two rounds, the final being with the head of JRP.

Did they give an idea of when they would make offers after final?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:01 am

What was the final round like? If you don't mind sharing.[/quote]

ETA: I'm not sure it was the final round, though. Does JRP do two rounds or three? I've heard two, but I might be mistaken.[/quote]

I had my first interview in February, and my interview was a two person panel. At that interview they told me it was two rounds, the final being with the head of JRP.[/quote]

Did they give an idea of when they would make offers after final?[/quote]

They said late spring.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Anyone receive an offer from Santa Clara County PD? They said they'd be making offers this week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I was under the impression it was 2 as well (OCI then interview with two attorneys) and was just waiting to hear something by late April, but I got a call a week or so ago asking me to come in for another interview in April, apparently with head of JRP. They contacted my references after second interview in the fall.

Did someone from JRP call or someone from recruitment?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:32 pm

"I was under the impression it was 2 as well (OCI then interview with two attorneys) and was just waiting to hear something by late April, but I got a call a week or so ago asking me to come in for another interview in April, apparently with head of JRP. They contacted my references after second interview in the fall.[/quote]"

This is exactly what happened with me as well. I had my two-person panel interview with LAS JRP several months ago and they called my references a few days later. Then, about a week ago, they set up a final interview for mid-April, which I assume will be with the JRP head. At the panel, I was told that some decisions would likely be made in late-April or May. However, even if you did not get hired in the first round, the JRP would hold onto your file if they liked you and contact you if something opened up down the road.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:56 pm

Hello -

Has anyone who went through the call back interview at Federal Defenders of San Diego heard anything? Have they made offers?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:16 pm

Has anyone had the final round interview with LAS JRP? Like many people in this thread, I had an OCI interview, 2 attorney panel interview and now have this final round interview fairly soon. Not sure what to expect or how to prepare (other than prep as much as possible). Would love some insight!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:48 pm

I finally got my rejection from BDS by mail, four months after my first round interview. So I guess that means there's some movement there. I got another job, so I'm not too upset. Good luck to those still waiting!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Does anyone know the starting salary for admitted attorneys for LAS JRP?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This is exactly what happened with me as well. I had my two-person panel interview with LAS JRP several months ago and they called my references a few days later. Then, about a week ago, they set up a final interview for mid-April, which I assume will be with the JRP head. At the panel, I was told that some decisions would likely be made in late-April or May. However, even if you did not get hired in the first round, the JRP would hold onto your file if they liked you and contact you if something opened up down the road.

Bless you for keeping hope alive for those of us who haven't heard yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:30 pm

I had my first interview with the JRP in January, they contacted my references right after, and was scheduled for a final interview next week. I, however, just withdrew my application.

Good luck to those of you going to the final interview in the next few weeks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know the starting salary for admitted attorneys for LAS JRP?

Are you a troll? Stop posting questions about LAS JRP over and over again. Most people here don't know about it. The starting salary is the same as for the criminal defense, I'm sure. You can find that on here.

iShotFirst

Postby iShotFirst » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Does anyone know whether the Maryland OPD is a "true believer" office, IE any prosecution experience=ding?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know the starting salary for admitted attorneys for LAS JRP?

Are you a troll? Stop posting questions about LAS JRP over and over again. Most people here don't know about it. The starting salary is the same as for the criminal defense, I'm sure. You can find that on here.

This is a forum about public defenders, so any public defender questions, whether about purely adult criminal defense defense or not should be welcomed. If you don't have the answer to the question or would rather not read it keep scrolling.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:I know people have asked before, but has anyone waiting to hear from LAS in April had their contacts contacted? Or are we assuming they're doing that in the beginning of April before they make offers?

crickets : P

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:16 am

I am one of those "waitlisted" at LAS's CDP, pending budget. Had my interview with Tina in January, and they contacted my references a few weeks after. Hope that helps!

Return to “Legal Employment”