3L Public Defender Applications Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Tanicius

Gold

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Post by Tanicius » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if West Palm Beach prefers innocence or reasonable doubt trial theories?
I don't know. One could argue that their proximity to Miami means they like theory of innocence. On the other hand, Miami is so well known as being the special snowflake county in Florida that does balls-to-the-walls in-your-face litigation, so... I dunno. They are more suburban, so speaking generally about suburbs with lots of white people who assume everyone is just trying to get off on a technicality, I would presume that reasonable doubt arguments are less successful in Palm Beach than they are in Miami.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Tanicius wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if West Palm Beach prefers innocence or reasonable doubt trial theories?
I don't know. One could argue that their proximity to Miami means they like theory of innocence. On the other hand, Miami is so well known as being the special snowflake county in Florida that does balls-to-the-walls in-your-face litigation, so... I dunno. They are more suburban, so speaking generally about suburbs with lots of white people who assume everyone is just trying to get off on a technicality, I would presume that reasonable doubt arguments are less successful in Palm Beach than they are in Miami.
I'm originally from the area and would largely agree. However, PB also has a very large, very poor population in areas such as Belle Glade and South Bay and I didn't know if that would change the calculus. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:54 am

Has anyone else got a notification for Philly last round? I'm skeptical that they sent them when some are still doing the panel.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone else got a notification for Philly last round? I'm skeptical that they sent them when some are still doing the panel.
Sorry to break it to you, but yeah. I know they are still doing panels (I ran into someone on my panel at my final round and they were on their way to an additional panel), and I am not sure how many invitations they sent out. I already did the final, so I am sorry to break your skepticism.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:17 pm

Anyone know of any LAS offers?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know of any LAS offers?
One of my friends got an offer at LAS. She had a pending offer at another office when they made her the offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Have all offers for Orleans Public Defenders gone out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Does anyone know when LAS is giving the other offers, i've heard April, March, even late February

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know when LAS is giving the other offers, i've heard April, March, even late February
I was told it is when they find out their next annual budget, so whenever that is.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:20 am

Had panel interview w/ LAS last week. I don't think it went well. Really nervous.

Had screening interview with Miami yesterday and I think that went well said someone would contact me very soon.

Any other PD offices still accepting resumes? My school is so disappointing they haven't posted any announcements about PDs besides LAS, Miami, Bronx Defenders.

I'm just hoping not too late to apply to other places.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had panel interview w/ LAS last week. I don't think it went well. Really nervous.

Had screening interview with Miami yesterday and I think that went well said someone would contact me very soon.

Any other PD offices still accepting resumes? My school is so disappointing they haven't posted any announcements about PDs besides LAS, Miami, Bronx Defenders.

I'm just hoping not too late to apply to other places.
I wasn't aware that LAS was still doing panels. Was if for the criminal defense practice? I had my panel in Nov. and nothing since. I feel like it is never ending with them. Most places I know have stopped accepting applications by now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Maybe LAS sent out so many rejections they had to do more panels to have a better applicant pool, not sure...has anyone gotten a reject after the Tina interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:55 pm

I just got a LAS rejection email a few hours ago. I had my panel in early December and hadn't heard anything since.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:31 am

Hennepin County has both given some offers and some post-callback rejections.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:31 am

Has anyone else received notification for a last round with Philly? (Not talking about those who did panel and last round on same day)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hennepin County has both given some offers and some post-callback rejections.
Do you know if they are done making offers/how many they have made? I haven't heard ANYTHING back from them after I flew out there...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hennepin County has both given some offers and some post-callback rejections.
Do you know if they are done making offers/how many they have made? I haven't heard ANYTHING back from them after I flew out there...
Me neither... I sure hope that they aren't done making offers!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:59 pm

My friend got a Philly offer today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
They are probably doing staggered offer/rejection batches. That's what they did last year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:55 am

Has anyone heard anything from Brooklyn? They said they would make final round offers before the start of the new year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:45 am

Just got a rejection for my second-to-last pending application :shock:

What do I do if i just totally strike out?!! Are there any offices (I don't care where at this point) that just have really late hiring processes?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:52 am

Alaska's deadline is March.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just got a rejection for my second-to-last pending application :shock:

What do I do if i just totally strike out?!! Are there any offices (I don't care where at this point) that just have really late hiring processes?
Cpcs..which office sent a reject

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got a rejection for my second-to-last pending application :shock:

Cpcs..which office sent a reject
Hennepin, by mail.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:27 pm

Hennepin is MAILING rejections????

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”