3L Public Defender Applications

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Tanicius » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Alameda or Contra Costa?


Coco I can say yes. Not necessarily all offers but at least some.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wait....so prettman offers are or are not out?


They are out

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Has Bronx made all offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Any idea how many total offers PDS made? Im assuming most went to their former law clerks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:26 pm

PDS made 4 offers. 2 to former law clerks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:14 pm

vulch vulch vulch

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Final round with OPD. I think they want to be done with all interviews by January 17th. Not sure when final offers are going to go out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Final round with OPD. I think they want to be done with all interviews by January 17th. Not sure when final offers are going to go out.


Any idea how many offers they are giving out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:Final round with OPD. I think they want to be done with all interviews by January 17th. Not sure when final offers are going to go out.


I felt that my second round was a lot like my screener. I think they've already asked the "though" questions. Does the final round feel very different from the previous rounds?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:40 pm

I feel as if opd is doing a lot of finals, did anyone get a panel but didn't get the final?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:27 pm

Has anyone in fact received a ding letter from Prettyman? Cuz I interviewed, but still have not received a letter informing me I wasn't chosen. This assumes the above poster was correct and offers did go out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:05 pm

Has LAS extended final round interviews to anyone yet (other than the one guy with a competing offer)?

Also, anyone who interviewed with BDS directly (not a job fair) gotten word of a second round? I was told I would hear by the end of the year.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has LAS extended final round interviews to anyone yet (other than the one guy with a competing offer)?

Also, anyone who interviewed with BDS directly (not a job fair) gotten word of a second round? I was told I would hear by the end of the year.


I have friends who have had las final rounds, but they are all live in New York. I haven't heard of out of state ppl with invites

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has LAS extended final round interviews to anyone yet (other than the one guy with a competing offer)?

Also, anyone who interviewed with BDS directly (not a job fair) gotten word of a second round? I was told I would hear by the end of the year.


I have friends who have had las final rounds, but they are all live in New York. I haven't heard of out of state ppl with invites


I have a LAS final round scheduled for next week. Out of state. Does anyone have any insight about what happens during the Tina interview/how quickly one could expect to hear?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:45 pm

I have OPD final round, it was like a 2 day turn around from skype panel to the final. I know someone who had a panel and hasnt heard a final round.

ash0117
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby ash0117 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:16 pm

For those with LAS final rounds, when did you have your panel? When did you hear about them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:40 pm

Welp, sounds like I'll be getting that lolno email from LAS soon. Again. I had my panel in November, in New York.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Welp, sounds like I'll be getting that lolno email from LAS soon. Again. I had my panel in November, in New York.


I had my panel early September and haven't had my final yet...the wait is killing me..thankfully opd is making offers soon

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Welp, sounds like I'll be getting that lolno email from LAS soon. Again. I had my panel in November, in New York.


I had my panel early September and haven't had my final yet...the wait is killing me..thankfully opd is making offers soon


So you know OPD is making offers soon? Any deets would be awesome
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Welp, sounds like I'll be getting that lolno email from LAS soon. Again. I had my panel in November, in New York.


I had my panel early September and haven't had my final yet...the wait is killing me..thankfully opd is making offers soon


So you know OPD is making offers soon? (curious)


Yeah..they sent emails out saying they anticipate offers being made by the third week of January. They said interviews will be done by the second week. The email was telling us that if we needed our decision expedited to let them know.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Welp, sounds like I'll be getting that lolno email from LAS soon. Again. I had my panel in November, in New York.


I had my panel early September and haven't had my final yet...the wait is killing me..thankfully opd is making offers soon


So you know OPD is making offers soon? (curious)


Yeah..they sent emails out saying they anticipate offers being made by the third week of January. They said interviews will be done by the second week. The email was telling us that if we needed our decision expedited to let them know.


Thank you! Have you already had your final? (mine is scheduled) I only ask because I haven't received that email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:54 pm

So you know OPD is making offers soon? (curious)[/quote]

Yeah..they sent emails out saying they anticipate offers being made by the third week of January. They said interviews will be done by the second week. The email was telling us that if we needed our decision expedited to let them know.[/quote]

Thank you! Have you already had your final? (mine is scheduled) I only ask because I haven't received that email.[/quote]

Yeah I've had mine..and loved it..they definitely are my first choice ...the email also said they know other offices are now making offers and to let them know if you have another offer if opd is at the top of your list.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has LAS extended final round interviews to anyone yet (other than the one guy with a competing offer)?

Also, anyone who interviewed with BDS directly (not a job fair) gotten word of a second round? I was told I would hear by the end of the year.


I interviewed with BDS directly. It was my first interview but they referred to it as the "second" round. I have not heard about final round interviews or whether or not they have already made final round offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has LAS extended final round interviews to anyone yet (other than the one guy with a competing offer)?

Also, anyone who interviewed with BDS directly (not a job fair) gotten word of a second round? I was told I would hear by the end of the year.


I interviewed with BDS directly. It was my first interview but they referred to it as the "second" round. I have not heard about final round interviews or whether or not they have already made final round offers.


Huh. They referred to mine as first round when I was called to schedule my interview with them directly. It included sort of a general client counseling hypo, and I was told that the next round would have a bail application hypo, and I'm not sure now if that next round is the second or final.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273104
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone in fact received a ding letter from Prettyman? Cuz I interviewed, but still have not received a letter informing me I wasn't chosen. This assumes the above poster was correct and offers did go out.


I know two of the people chosen to be fellows. Not sure if both have officially accepted yet so they may have a waitlist pile.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.