3L Public Defender Applications

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
anon sequitur
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:14 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby anon sequitur » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:32 pm

If you're reaching for the anon button to a post a reply to an argument that's not about 3L PD job applications, interviews, offers, substantive insight into a particular office or something like that, could you just fucking stop? You're already on a pseudonymous message board and you need an extra layer of anonymity to post snippy passive-aggressive posts about what kind of jobs people should be looking for?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Anyone have info on Pima County PD hiring?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:25 am

had my final round with OPD. any idea how many people they're interviewing and how many offers they're making?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:had my final round with OPD. any idea how many people they're interviewing and how many offers they're making?


When did you have your interviews? How many in total did you have?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:15 am

Not OP. Had screener --> Skype panel--> then final round set for January. Was told they are doing final rounds the week of Jan 5 and Jan 12.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:Not OP. Had screener --> Skype panel--> then final round set for January. Was told they are doing final rounds the week of Jan 5 and Jan 12.


My final is this month..not sure how many they are hiring

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Prettyman anyone? Anyone? Have they made offers yet??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:50 pm

LAS is calling references.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:LAS is calling references.


I thought they hadn't even started the final round yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:LAS is calling references.


I thought they hadn't even started the final round yet?


They haven't extended final round invitations yet, but the hiring committee is preparing to make decisions soon about them. All I know if that three of my references have told me that they have been called. My panel was in mid-November and they said that the hiring committee would be meeting to discuss second round invites either this month or January. Maybe they check references before final round invites?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Any tips on surviving the infamous philly interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:LAS is calling references.


I thought they hadn't even started the final round yet?


They haven't extended final round invitations yet, but the hiring committee is preparing to make decisions soon about them. All I know if that three of my references have told me that they have been called. My panel was in mid-November and they said that the hiring committee would be meeting to discuss second round invites either this month or January. Maybe they check references before final round invites?


Oh, maybe? I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss the last round of interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:LAS is calling references.


Ew I hate that. I like to tell me references when to expect a call, so they are not caught off guard. I mean, they all know they are references but I talked to them about this application a million years ago when I submitted it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:LAS is calling references.


Ew I hate that. I like to tell me references when to expect a call, so they are not caught off guard. I mean, they all know they are references but I talked to them about this application a million years ago when I submitted it.


Yeah, I know. I wasn't expecting it until after a second interview, so I didn't warn them again. Like you, I told them that I was using them - in September when I applied. When they told me they were contacted, I felt so bad for not letting them know it was coming. Oh well, hopefully its a good thing!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Has any other LAS applicants had their references contacted?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:38 am

Has Brooklyn extended final round invitations?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Prettyman? Anyone? I heard they send rejections via mail and I won't be at my address they would send the letter to over the holiday break. If anyone has any news, I would be incredibly grateful. Thank you.

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Tanicius » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Friend of a friend just accepted an offer at LAS today.

starrguy01
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby starrguy01 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:43 pm

What borough?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Tanicius wrote:Friend of a friend just accepted an offer at LAS today.


In the criminal division? I was told they hadn't even started second round interviews yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi I'm the friend of a friend lol.

I'm the first offer for CDP 2015. I needed to hear from them by today because I had to give an answer to a different office. I had my final round on Wednesday (which was only scheduled last Friday). Don't get a borough assignment until the Spring--also apparently they are no longer asking people's preferences but rather just taking their current location into account (aka no one ever chose Queens or Staten Island).

I also had to hear from Prettyman and got an email rejection on Wednesday. I think they send letter rejections but again, I needed to know by today. I'm assuming they've made the 3 offers already?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi I'm the friend of a friend lol.

I'm the first offer for CDP 2015. I needed to hear from them by today because I had to give an answer to a different office. I had my final round on Wednesday (which was only scheduled last Friday). Don't get a borough assignment until the Spring--also apparently they are no longer asking people's preferences but rather just taking their current location into account (aka no one ever chose Queens or Staten Island).

I also had to hear from Prettyman and got an email rejection on Wednesday. I think they send letter rejections but again, I needed to know by today. I'm assuming they've made the 3 offers already?


Oh, okay cool. I got nervous that I missed something there. What about people that don't live in NYC already - are they just arbitrarily assigning those people?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi I'm the friend of a friend lol.

I'm the first offer for CDP 2015. I needed to hear from them by today because I had to give an answer to a different office. I had my final round on Wednesday (which was only scheduled last Friday). Don't get a borough assignment until the Spring--also apparently they are no longer asking people's preferences but rather just taking their current location into account (aka no one ever chose Queens or Staten Island).

I also had to hear from Prettyman and got an email rejection on Wednesday. I think they send letter rejections but again, I needed to know by today. I'm assuming they've made the 3 offers already?


Congratulations! I'm curious about the other office you had an offer from--was it another NYC office? If not, can you divulge any other info about it?

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Anyone hear from Alameda or Contra Costa?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273312
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Wait....so prettman offers are or are not out?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.