3L Public Defender Applications Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hello -

Has anyone who went through the call back interview at Federal Defenders of San Diego heard anything? Have they made offers?

Thanks!
I don't think they have made offers yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am one of those "waitlisted" at LAS's CDP, pending budget. Had my interview with Tina in January, and they contacted my references a few weeks after. Hope that helps!
Would you mind sharing if this was through email or another medium? Have they even made actual offers yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know the starting salary for admitted attorneys for LAS JRP?
Are you a troll? Stop posting questions about LAS JRP over and over again. Most people here don't know about it. The starting salary is the same as for the criminal defense, I'm sure. You can find that on here.
This is a forum about public defenders, so any public defender questions, whether about purely adult criminal defense defense or not should be welcomed. If you don't have the answer to the question or would rather not read it keep scrolling.

Agreed, and I second the original question! Anyone have an idea of starting salary for JRP?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I am one of those "waitlisted" at LAS's CDP, pending budget. Had my interview with Tina in January, and they contacted my references a few weeks after. Hope that helps!
Would you mind sharing if this was through email or another medium? Have they even made actual offers yet?
Anonymous User wrote:

They emailed a bunch of us - the "waitlisted" folks. This was toward the end of March-ish. I know a colleague from my school got an offer and has accepted, so offers have been made. That's why I keep referring to those they emailed as "waitlisted." :roll:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
They emailed a bunch of us - the "waitlisted" folks. This was toward the end of March-ish. I know a colleague from my school got an offer and has accepted, so offers have been made. That's why I keep referring to those they emailed as "waitlisted." :roll:
Appears that LAS has contacted some but not everyone's references - perhaps depending on when the interviews were conducted? Wonder if they'll continue reaching out, or if the remaining e-mail group has already been divided or ranked and they're just waiting to see what total numbers will be....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:37 pm

Is that based on that previous message that was posted? I read that as his/her contacts were called shortly after the January interview. I could be mistaken, though!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is that based on that previous message that was posted? I read that as his/her contacts were called shortly after the January interview. I could be mistaken, though!
based on what seems to have been the original question: "I know people have asked before, but has anyone waiting to hear from LAS in April had their contacts contacted? Or are we assuming they're doing that in the beginning of April before they make offers?"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Hey there!

Yes. I'm the one who wrote before. They emailed about 65 people (they forgot to conceal the names and email addresses, #whoops). It is my understanding that those people had their references contacted already, and "remaining hiring decisions for the Criminal Defense Practice 2015 Class will be made after April 1st when City and State funding budgets have been finalized." So we are just waiting for the yay or nay. We will be "notified when any decision has been made on your application to the CDP 2015 Class."

Hope that helps.

Stay strong!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:14 pm

If it's any consolation, I was one of the people who received the email in March, and my references haven't been contacted to the best of my knowledge. I have no idea what to expect or whether this is a bad sign.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If it's any consolation, I was one of the people who received the email in March, and my references haven't been contacted to the best of my knowledge. I have no idea what to expect or whether this is a bad sign.
+1

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:53 pm

Does anyone have any insight on the Alaska Public Defender telephone interview and their hiring process? Thanks so much!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Any word from FDSDI?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Any word on CPCS hiring?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:39 pm

Dinged at Miami. :cry:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dinged at Miami. :cry:
Bummer, sorry to hear it - how did you find out, by email?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from FDSDI?
Nope. They usually make offers pretty late in the game it seems.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dinged at Miami. :cry:
Bummer, sorry to hear it - how did you find out, by email?
No, after my hiring conference, I was told to call in today after 10 AM, and one of the guys I interviewed with let me know I didn't make the cut.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:02 am

A student I know got an offer by phone at San Diego Federal Defenders on Friday.

eaternation

New

Post by eaternation » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:A student I know got an offer by phone at San Diego Federal Defenders on Friday.
Is sd fed defenders grade conscious or more experience focused?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:15 am

eaternation wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:A student I know got an offer by phone at San Diego Federal Defenders on Friday.
Is sd fed defenders grade conscious or more experience focused?
SD is super competitive, so I'm guessing they want a bit of both? I hear they don't even take the time to send you rejection emails. Haha. =0

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:47 am

Did anyone who is waiting on San Diego Federal Defenders have their references called?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone who is waiting on San Diego Federal Defenders have their references called?
I'm waiting - but they never called references. Last thing they did was sending me an email asking me to fill out employment application. Late March.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:26 pm

some offers coming in today from LA County PD via email.

chw1

New

Post by chw1 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:41 am

Has anyone completed all of their interviews (first and final round) at CPCS and heard back from them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:some offers coming in today from LA County PD via email.
Any insight into how their hiring process works? Does no interview at this point = ding?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”