3L Public Defender Applications

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:26 pm

Miami PD is making offers and rejections by phone today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Anyone have any idea when NJ and/or Philly is gonna start scheduling interviews and making offers? I have an offer from a similarly-sized office, and I gotta make a call to see whether it's worth turning down and waiting for them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:12 pm

NJ has already interviewed some people and made offers to at least one I know.

Anonymous Defender
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous Defender » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:NJ has already interviewed some people and made offers to at least one I know.

Yes NJ has made a few offers already.

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Any more BxD offers!!!??? :roll:

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:51 pm

If New Hampshire or Prettyman give out any offers, can you PLEASE post here asap (even if you have to say you know "a friend of a friend" who got it). I think I am losing my damn mind waiting to hear back from these offices.

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:13 pm

Has anyone gotten a third round with Legal Aid of NYC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:14 pm

Can anyone confirm how bxd makes offers? Phone or email?

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone confirm how bxd makes offers? Phone or email?

Phone

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:20 pm

Does anyone have any idea how man offers BxD sent out? I know it is nearly impossible to know for sure, but what the hey...

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have any idea how man offers BxD sent out? I know it is nearly impossible to know for sure, but what the hey...


Maybe each person that got an offer can say so??

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:I know we have the prosecution/DA gunner thread, but it currently seems swamped with 1Ls and 2Ls looking for summer work. It would be nice if we could keep track of what PD offices have sent out interview notifications/rejections/offers for 3Ls looking for permanent positions. I applied to approximately 20 PD offices and have heard almost nothing from the offices. I have gotten a rejection notification from Bronx Defenders, and I had an initial interview with the Public Defender Service of D.C., but I haven't heard back from them since. Has anyone gotten any rejections or interviews?


Just out of curiosity, where did you end up?

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:If New Hampshire or Prettyman give out any offers, can you PLEASE post here asap (even if you have to say you know "a friend of a friend" who got it). I think I am losing my damn mind waiting to hear back from these offices.



I reached out to NH about another offer and they said offers will be out by Jan 4. Reading this thread from last year seems that they made offers earlier via phone. We'll see!

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:45 am

BxD offer/no offers - were anyone's references called who DIDNT get an offer? I'm dying over here

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:BxD offer/no offers - were anyone's references called who DIDNT get an offer? I'm dying over here


What s/he said!!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If New Hampshire or Prettyman give out any offers, can you PLEASE post here asap (even if you have to say you know "a friend of a friend" who got it). I think I am losing my damn mind waiting to hear back from these offices.



I reached out to NH about another offer and they said offers will be out by Jan 4. Reading this thread from last year seems that they made offers earlier via phone. We'll see!


Thanks for the update! I'm hoping they give out offers sooner like they did last year. Reading this thread from last year made this week (the week before Christmas) seem like it was a big offer week for a lot of offices.

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:17 am

So do most places just not reject? I never heard back from CO or BxD. It's just annoying to not even get a form rejection.

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:58 am

I think that everyone who has interviewed at BxD/CO and has not been made an offer has been waitlisted. With their limited resources, I'm sure these offices try to maximize their time by only interviewing qualified candidates. They made their first round picks and are waiting to hear if their offers have been accepted. I think someone who was offered a CO position said s/he had to make a decision by 1/11. I wouldn't expect to hear about more offers from that office until then. Also, a couple questions:

Were people rejected from BxD after the final round interviews?
Can the people who were offered a position at BxD tell the forum when they are supposed to make their decisions by?

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:I think that everyone who has interviewed at BxD/CO and has not been made an offer has been waitlisted. With their limited resources, I'm sure these offices try to maximize their time by only interviewing qualified candidates. They made their first round picks and are waiting to hear if their offers have been accepted. I think someone who was offered a CO position said s/he had to make a decision by 1/11. I wouldn't expect to hear about more offers from that office until then. Also, a couple questions:

Were people rejected from BxD after the final round interviews?
Can the people who were offered a position at BxD tell the forum when they are supposed to make their decisions by?


This makes sense, but unfortunately it means MORE WAITING!! Aw, I've already lost thirty years of my life from the anticipation.

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:54 pm

Were people rejected from BxD after the final round interviews?
Can the people who were offered a position at BxD tell the forum when they are supposed to make their decisions by?[/quote]

They started rejections already. And who's going to ask for time? You accept that!

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Were people rejected from BxD after the final round interviews?
Can the people who were offered a position at BxD tell the forum when they are supposed to make their decisions by?


They started rejections already. And who's going to ask for time? You accept that![/quote]


They started rejecting people who had final round panel interviews? Is that confirmed? and was it by email/snail mail/phone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:16 am

So is there an overall consensus that there has been a general silence from Bxd thus far? It seems like only one person here heard definitively and got an offer. Are there any more rejections out there? Trying to hope that no news is good news..

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So is there an overall consensus that there has been a general silence from Bxd thus far? It seems like only one person here heard definitively and got an offer. Are there any more rejections out there? Trying to hope that no news is good news..


Same. So I had a final round LAS interview a couple of weeks back (no one freak out, Tina said she'd be scheduling final round interviews for a while) and Tina said something to the effect of funding not being finalized for NYC PD offices until around February. A part of me is thinking BxD is waiting for finalization of its funding before it makes more decisions. But who knows? All I know is, the waiting is killing me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 280833
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Bxd offer! Via phone. the BEST Christmas gift!

wannabeapd2014
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:13 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby wannabeapd2014 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:47 am

Prettyman offers out.

PDS offers out.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.