3L Public Defender Applications

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who did a callback at fed defenders of san diego heard anything?


Nope...


Same.

Make that four of us.

If anyone hears anything, please post here so I (we?) can stop checking this thread 5 times a day.

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who did a callback at fed defenders of san diego heard anything?


Nope...


Same.

Make that four of us.

If anyone hears anything, please post here so I (we?) can stop checking this thread 5 times a day.


+1

Edit: +1 re: the "If anyone hears anything." I am the person who posted immediately prior.

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Has anyone heard any numbers for the new class for any office? How many will BxD hire? How many will LAS hire? Last I heard it was 12 and 30, respectively. But I am not sure if that is has gone up since all the immigration drama unfolded and since the City announced they are gifting the Bronx DA's 125 new hires.

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:14 pm

Bronx Defenders made offers back in November....they don't do a second round of offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:15 pm

12 for LAS, small class this year. Anyone have any tips for NJ PD?

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:12 for LAS, small class this year. Anyone have any tips for NJ PD?


Is that for the criminal defense practice specifically? (LAS?)

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:12 for LAS, small class this year. Anyone have any tips for NJ PD?


Is that for the criminal defense practice specifically? (LAS?)



Correct, just CDP

User avatar
RCSOB657
Posts: 2687
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby RCSOB657 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:05 pm

Anyone here applying to Texas offices?

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:17 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Anyone here applying to Texas offices?


Which texas offices hire 3L's pre-bar?

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who did a callback at fed defenders of san diego heard anything?


Nope...


Same.

Make that four of us.

If anyone hears anything, please post here so I (we?) can stop checking this thread 5 times a day.


+1

Edit: +1 re: the "If anyone hears anything." I am the person who posted immediately prior.


Just heard the FDSDI offers have been made.

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who did a callback at fed defenders of san diego heard anything?


Nope...


Same.

Make that four of us.

If anyone hears anything, please post here so I (we?) can stop checking this thread 5 times a day.


+1

Edit: +1 re: the "If anyone hears anything." I am the person who posted immediately prior.


Just heard the FDSDI offers have been made.


Ruh roh... Source?

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone who did a callback at fed defenders of san diego heard anything?


Nope...


Same.

Make that four of us.

If anyone hears anything, please post here so I (we?) can stop checking this thread 5 times a day.


+1

Edit: +1 re: the "If anyone hears anything." I am the person who posted immediately prior.


Just heard the FDSDI offers have been made.


Ruh roh... Source?


Sorry, last poster here -- I shouldn't dash hopes like that: I know that someone reached out to see if they've made decisions, and they told that person that decisions had been made & the candidate was out of the running. So it could be the case that they haven't communicated the offers yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:26 pm

Regarding Los Angeles County PD: I had a second round interview on March 1, does anyone know if and when third round interviews were scheduled or already concluded? Should I not expect too much because third rounds and offers were already made and they are done hiring for this cycle? This is my dream job so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping against hope.

User avatar
RCSOB657
Posts: 2687
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Anyone here applying to Texas offices?


Which texas offices hire 3L's pre-bar?

#bad 20s gangster accent#

I'm asking the questions, here, see.



___________
If you find one tell me. That was the point of me asking. Hehe

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Anyone here applying to Texas offices?


Which texas offices hire 3L's pre-bar?


I thought Harris County did? I guess not

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Any movement on LAS? I know they are having final interviews with Tina now. But has anyone received offer yet? Or know when they are expecting to be able to make any?

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Regarding Los Angeles County PD: I had a second round interview on March 1, does anyone know if and when third round interviews were scheduled or already concluded? Should I not expect too much because third rounds and offers were already made and they are done hiring for this cycle? This is my dream job so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping against hope.


Hold on to that hope. If you made it to the 2nd round, you've made it further than the vast majority who get screened out after the 1st round. The way it has been done in the past is over the course of a year they stagger hiring. For example, my class had 40+ hired in groups of 2-4 starting every couple of weeks. Some time can pass before you hear back for the 3rd round.

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on LAS? I know they are having final interviews with Tina now. But has anyone received offer yet? Or know when they are expecting to be able to make any?


I had my final interview about two weeks ago. Tina said it was a really small class this year, and she said she was telling everyone to not put their eggs in one basket :-/

She said we would know in a month-ish either way.

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Anyone here applying to Texas offices?


Which texas offices hire 3L's pre-bar?


I thought Harris County did? I guess not


No, you are correct. Harris County is the only PD in Texas that hires pre-bar.

Edit: JK no they don't. It's only Harris county DA that hires pre-bar.

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on LAS? I know they are having final interviews with Tina now. But has anyone received offer yet? Or know when they are expecting to be able to make any?


I had my final interview about two weeks ago. Tina said it was a really small class this year, and she said she was telling everyone to not put their eggs in one basket :-/

She said we would know in a month-ish either way.


How small exactly? The first number I heard was 30. It has only gotten smaller and smaller since then.

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on LAS? I know they are having final interviews with Tina now. But has anyone received offer yet? Or know when they are expecting to be able to make any?


I had my final interview about two weeks ago. Tina said it was a really small class this year, and she said she was telling everyone to not put their eggs in one basket :-/

She said we would know in a month-ish either way.


How small exactly? The first number I heard was 30. It has only gotten smaller and smaller since then.


Less than 10

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on LAS? I know they are having final interviews with Tina now. But has anyone received offer yet? Or know when they are expecting to be able to make any?


I had my final interview about two weeks ago. Tina said it was a really small class this year, and she said she was telling everyone to not put their eggs in one basket :-/

She said we would know in a month-ish either way.


How small exactly? The first number I heard was 30. It has only gotten smaller and smaller since then.


Less than 10


LOL!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on LAS? I know they are having final interviews with Tina now. But has anyone received offer yet? Or know when they are expecting to be able to make any?


I had my final interview about two weeks ago. Tina said it was a really small class this year, and she said she was telling everyone to not put their eggs in one basket :-/

She said we would know in a month-ish either way.


How small exactly? The first number I heard was 30. It has only gotten smaller and smaller since then.


Less than 10


LOL!!


Any word on how many BDS is taking?

pdwannabe
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby pdwannabe » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 am

anyone know if there will be any openings in Cook County any time soon?

Anonymous User
Posts: 283884
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Re LAS class size:

Yeah. I had my interview with Tina and she also said the LAS class would be super small.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.