3L Public Defender Applications Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:06 am

Waiting for departments to get back to me is fricking killing me. I cannot wait.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Waiting for departments to get back to me is fricking killing me. I cannot wait.
Same. Philly said two weeks three weeks ago. Hopefully we'll hear this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Waiting for departments to get back to me is fricking killing me. I cannot wait.
That's what I'm expecting. I had my final round Philly interview on Friday, and they told me they intended on making calls this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
That's what I'm expecting. I had my final round Philly interview on Friday, and they told me they intended on making calls this week.
What was the number they told you they were hoping to hire? I was told 8-10 initially, but that was some weeks ago and seemed fluid.

ETA: Anyone heard about Philly calling references yet? I haven't heard, and wondering whether it's a bad sign or they're just not there yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Called. They said they'd email all of us, one way or the other, in the next few days.

As another note... Ding at Miami today.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Called. They said they'd email all of us, one way or the other, in the next few days.

As another note... Ding at Miami today.
Dammit. I really wanted Philly. Is there ever a good way to be emailed? I'm thinking not. Congrats to you, though. It seems like a great office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Same. Philly said two weeks three weeks ago. Hopefully we'll hear this week.[/quote]

That's what I'm expecting. I had my final round Philly interview on Friday, and they told me they intended on making calls this week.[/quote]

As another note... Ding at Miami today.[/quote]

Dammit. I really wanted Philly. Is there ever a good way to be emailed? I'm thinking not. Congrats to you, though. It seems like a great office.[/quote]

I think you misread the post. I believe he meant that he called them to ask for an update, and the update was that we would be e-mailed. However, I could be wrong.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Same. Philly said two weeks three weeks ago. Hopefully we'll hear this week.
That's what I'm expecting. I had my final round Philly interview on Friday, and they told me they intended on making calls this week.[/quote]

Dammit. I really wanted Philly. Is there ever a good way to be emailed? I'm thinking not. Congrats to you, though. It seems like a great office.[/quote]

I think you misread the post. I believe he meant that he called them to ask for an update, and the update was that we would be e-mailed. However, I could be wrong.[/quote]

I hope so. I'm just so used to emails=bad news.
I already had my heart sink when I got snail mail from Philly, and then quickly realized it was reimbursement for my second-round trip. I need to calm down a bit.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Same. Philly said two weeks three weeks ago. Hopefully we'll hear this week.

I think you misread the post. I believe he meant that he called them to ask for an update, and the update was that we would be e-mailed. However, I could be wrong.[/quote]

That's what I meant. I called and the assistant to the two people who interviewed us for the second round and she told me they'd send out an email when they were done going through applications, and she told me nothing about my own application. Tomorrow or the day after, she said, we would get an email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:32 pm

On a non-philly-related note, I got a call from CPCS today to set up an interview. So I they are apparently waking up from hibernation and looking at applications finally

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:On a non-philly-related note, I got a call from CPCS today to set up an interview. So I they are apparently waking up from hibernation and looking at applications finally
Finally. Did you already submit your letters of recommendation (or I guess, were they already sent on your behalf)? I did the questionnaire, but not the letters yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:On a non-philly-related note, I got a call from CPCS today to set up an interview. So I they are apparently waking up from hibernation and looking at applications finally
Finally. Did you already submit your letters of recommendation (or I guess, were they already sent on your behalf)? I did the questionnaire, but not the letters yet.
Yeah, I finished the questionnaire and the LOR last fall

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:38 am

It's early, but anyone hear from PDS about a second rounder. Seems like they are trying to move fairly quickly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:It's early, but anyone hear from PDS about a second rounder. Seems like they are trying to move fairly quickly.
I can't even get someone to tell me when they expect this process to wrap up or a timeline or anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's early, but anyone hear from PDS about a second rounder. Seems like they are trying to move fairly quickly.
I can't even get someone to tell me when they expect this process to wrap up or a timeline or anything.

I only say they seem to want to move quickly because I was told I would here within two weeks, maybe sooner. That and they scheduled the screener for the day after they notified me. I could just be trying to read too much into it. Did they not say when you might hear by?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Ding at Miami for me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I only say they seem to want to move quickly because I was told I would here within two weeks, maybe sooner. That and they scheduled the screener for the day after they notified me. I could just be trying to read too much into it. Did they not say when you might hear by?
No, they refused to say.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ding at Miami for me.
Me too. I guess they interviewed 32 people for 8 spots. Ugh.

Also, sorry whoever you are.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Well... Anybody hear anything from Philly yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well... Anybody hear anything from Philly yet?
Nothing yet... I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Has anyone heard anything from LAS??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything from LAS??
Last I heard, they were waiting until after the NY budget passed before making offers. So it seems like it won't be until April that we here from them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:47 pm

If someone calls Philly I will be grateful. I called before so I don't want to bother them again. My guess is that they actually won't be done deciding until Friday afternoon (or later). Wednesday just seems too early in the week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If someone calls Philly I will be grateful. I called before so I don't want to bother them again. My guess is that they actually won't be done deciding until Friday afternoon (or later). Wednesday just seems too early in the week.
+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”