Rejections sent out before Acceptances?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
amorfati42

Rejections sent out before Acceptances?

Postby amorfati42 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:14 pm

I interviewed for a DA summer internship almost 2 months ago now. There were no call backs, but they followed up with me to get my background info and references the week after the interview. They also said in the interview they would not let anyone know about hires/rejections until November. My roommate got a rejection letter last week (they never followed up with her for extra info), and the only other classmate I know who interviewed got a reject letter also last week. Also, in my roommates letter they told her that all the intern spots had been filled already.

I have not heard anything. Should I be expecting my reject letter or is there any hope that I could still be in the running? Is it normal to send out rejections before acceptances?

amorfati42

Re: Rejections sent out before Acceptances?

Postby amorfati42 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:34 pm

any thoughts?

Postby 071816 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:35 pm

amorfati42 wrote:any thoughts?

You should change your avatar.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:36 pm

I'm afraid I don't have my crystal ball handy. Maybe it means you're being considered. Maybe it means they divided the stack of resumes among 3 people and you just got assigned to the lazy guy. Maybe they were being sincere and all the spots are filled. Maybe they just say that to everyone.

Return to “Legal Employment”