Follow Up Emails

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Follow Up Emails

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Still waiting on a firm who said they should making their offers within the next few weeks. I just go word of my final rank from 1L (school doesn't rank but Dean wrote me a letter and gave me my percentage). That being said I am within the Top 5% and want to know whether I should email this to the recruiter or not? I can make arguments for why to and why not to so figured I would ask the masses.

quadsixm

Re: Follow Up Emails

Postby quadsixm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still waiting on a firm who said they should making their offers within the next few weeks. I just go word of my final rank from 1L (school doesn't rank but Dean wrote me a letter and gave me my percentage). That being said I am within the Top 5% and want to know whether I should email this to the recruiter or not? I can make arguments for why to and why not to so figured I would ask the masses.

How long has it been since CB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:14 pm

A month, did follow up continued interest email after 2 weeks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:04 pm

If your school doesn't release rankings are you even allowed to give this information out to employers? Also, wont the employer know that your school doesn't rank. And, can't they tell you are highly ranked. I assume if you are in top 5%, you have mostly As.

Under these circumstances, I'd say no. It would just look like you are bragging, and maybe desperate. LIke yes, we know you got As. thanks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still waiting on a firm who said they should making their offers within the next few weeks. I just go word of my final rank from 1L (school doesn't rank but Dean wrote me a letter and gave me my percentage). That being said I am within the Top 5% and want to know whether I should email this to the recruiter or not? I can make arguments for why to and why not to so figured I would ask the masses.

Duh. Email to recruiter. I'm in the same boat as you, and I did. I think it made all the difference. I got offers from all of the top 15 or so firms.

Master Tofu

Postby Master Tofu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:46 am

I'm trying to understand why not... What's con of writing an email? They don't extend you the job offer? Oh wait...

HBK

Postby HBK » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:15 am

I think it's about how you do it.

"For your review, I would like to submit my updated resume. XYZ school completed their 1L class rankings and I have added that information to my resume."

Sounds a bit better than:

"My dean has informed me that I am in the top 5% of the class."

Also- what school doesn't finish rankings until November?

/one thing I've learned from OCI- it's all about selling yourself. Screw everyone else.

Return to “Legal Employment”