Earning degrees after law school Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Earning degrees after law school

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:37 pm

I'll probably come back to my T6 and get a PhD in Econ after I spend a few years in big-law to pay down these loan.

spleenworship

Gold

Re: Earning degrees after law school

Post by spleenworship » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:33 pm

thexfactor wrote:carribbean med doesn't "promise" you a job, but ITE it comes pretty damn close. I heard the dropout rate from the good carib med schools is around 20-25%. If you can make it all 4 years, your chances of getting a residency are very high I think most good carib schools match 90%. Unlike law, they actually put the match list online and it states specifically which hospital and who is going where.

You have to consider that it is another 4 years of your life and another 200k worth of debt. + another 4 years before you can make your 150k+ salary.
I just wanted to say...

Match rates from the good schools (the big 4 of the carib) are around 85% and going down as, unfortunately, mainland schools have increased seats- but there has been no corresponding increases in residency slots.

Match rates from the non big schools, however, are in the 40-60% range, which is even worse than going to law school in my opinion. So if OP goes that route, OP needs to get into one of the big 4 or big 4 carib medical schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”