dean's letter for bar?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

dean's letter for bar?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:07 pm

what kind of documentation does the bar need from your ug dean's office for c and f? is it just a dean cert like the one some law schools require, or something more? starting to panic a bit because i realized i omitted a drinking violation from ug on my LS app. it was a minor thing (drinking in the dorms). i've been done w college a few years, and simply forgot to mention it on my app- it's not something i would have been worried about hiding since a lot of other people have something similar on their record. my school requested a dean cert for all applicants and this didnt come to light. i called my ug and they said they do indeed have something on file about this incident; i have no idea why they didn't report it to my LS back when i applied. wondering what i should do in this situation: does this mean my ug also won't disclose it to the bar??

Return to “Legal Employment”