Do lawyers wear suits everyday?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JusticeHarlan

Re: Do lawyers wear suits everyday?

Postby JusticeHarlan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:in my law school, there is a student who wears a black or very dark navy suit + tie every single day.
seriously, he can walk into a job interview or a courtroom any minute.

and this is in California, not NY. so, go figure.

My section had a kid like that. Within just one day, he was known as "that guy" for being such a loser and a tool. I wonder what his thought process was? I just can't imagine having so little social sense as to think wearing a suit to class on a daily basis would be a good idea.

"Within just one day"?

our "that guy" beats yours.
he is now a 2L.
and no one has ever seen him without a suit and tie.

seriously, this is California. i only remember one law professor that wears a suit and tie, and his suits are the casual brown ones with patterns.

ITT: use of the anonymous posting function to snipe at classmate's style of dress while posting nothing about jobs.

Stay classy, TLS employment forum.

mrloblaw

Postby mrloblaw » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:46 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:in my law school, there is a student who wears a black or very dark navy suit + tie every single day.
seriously, he can walk into a job interview or a courtroom any minute.

and this is in California, not NY. so, go figure.

My section had a kid like that. Within just one day, he was known as "that guy" for being such a loser and a tool. I wonder what his thought process was? I just can't imagine having so little social sense as to think wearing a suit to class on a daily basis would be a good idea.

"Within just one day"?

our "that guy" beats yours.
he is now a 2L.
and no one has ever seen him without a suit and tie.

seriously, this is California. i only remember one law professor that wears a suit and tie, and his suits are the casual brown ones with patterns.

ITT: use of the anonymous posting function to snipe at classmate's style of dress while posting nothing about jobs.

Stay classy, TLS employment forum.

Thank you.

In the northeast, there are only a few months a year when I'd think it odd to wear a suit without real need. I mean, seriously, this place is cold.

pasteurizedmilk

Postby pasteurizedmilk » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:01 am

Veyron wrote:
pasteurizedmilk wrote:The subway in nyc is hellish enough.

i think business-formal dress code would be a deal-breaker for me.

You know, you could just carry your jacket till you get to work.
Pain in the ass.

Also, firms do pay you enough where you COULD take a cab every day if that's how you wanted to spend your money.
It's not.

Or, you could do what a lot of smart lawyers do and live within walking distance of work.
I'd rather not live in the city.

okinawa

Postby okinawa » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:04 am

Return to “Legal Employment”