Drop out of 1L, and begin again next year

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PeanutHead

Re: Drop out of 1L, and begin again next year

Postby PeanutHead » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:46 am

95% of the work you do 1L year comes during the couple weeks before finals anyway. Buckle down, get your outlines together, buy E & E for every class you're in and suck it up.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:02 am

Yale, I believe, grades on a pass/fail basis for the first semester of the first year.

OP: You are asking the wrong people since only your school's administration can address your situation.

If the pressure of law school is too much for you, then consider another career. My suggestion is to stick out the first year before deciding whether or not to remain in law school. It is difficult, however, to offer advice without knowing more about your circumstances.

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:22 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Yale, I believe, grades on a pass/fail basis for the first semester of the first year.

OP: You are asking the wrong people since only your school's administration can address your situation.

If the pressure of law school is too much for you, then consider another career. My suggestion is to stick out the first year before deciding whether or not to remain in law school. It is difficult, however, to offer advice without knowing more about your circumstances.

Yale actually grades fail/pass/high pass throughout all of LS.

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:24 am

Three weeks can easily be made up. Supplements, get notes from someone, and read over them. Only read the assigned cases if you need clarification of the rules/ideas you missed. Wait until 2L year, I missed almost the entire first month and classes move way quicker.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:28 am

blowhard wrote:Three weeks can easily be made up. Supplements, get notes from someone, and read over them. Only read the assigned cases if you need clarification of the rules/ideas you missed. Wait until 2L year, I missed almost the entire first month and classes move way quicker.

I still don't own the book for one of my classes. Winning!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 pm

i agree that you just need to get to work. spring semester, my grandfather died and my significant other dumped me within two weeks of each other; i couldn't study during spring break because i was at the funeral (overseas, without internet) and missed close to 2 months of school. march and april were miserable months. my grades were not excellent, but did shockingly include one A.

get old outlines, read old model answers, review getting to maybe. you can still do it. and first semester is not the end of the world. you still have second semester.

Return to “Legal Employment”