3L/Entry Level Firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L/Entry Level Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:02 pm

What firms are willing to accept 3Ls or Entry Level Associates? (i.e. no SA or Clerkships).

Anonymous User

Re: 3L/Entry Level Firms

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What firms are willing to accept 3Ls or Entry Level Associates? (i.e. no SA or Clerkships).

Maybe IP or Tax; Not Biglaw general, probably not Regional or Midlaw. Think firms in the 5-25 and 25-50 range generally.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What firms are willing to accept 3Ls or Entry Level Associates? (i.e. no SA or Clerkships).

Maybe IP or Tax; Not Biglaw general, probably not Regional or Midlaw. Think firms in the 5-25 and 25-50 range generally.

Explain the "no regional or MidLaw" part?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Just mass or target mail. My understanding from talking to enough firms' recruiting departments is that it depends on their needs. For example, if they extended 100% offers to their SA class, if all of them accept then they may have zero spots for 3L/entry levels, but if less than 100% accept then they may have a spot or two. Your chances probably go up a little bit if the firm's website specifically says they sometimes hire 3L/entry levels, but not necessary.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Explain the "no regional or MidLaw" part?

Regional firms or MidLaw firms will still generally want someone to have been an SA, even at a small firm or firm in another region. Think firms like Baker Donalson, Holland & Hart, or Ungaretti Harris. They don't want to take the risk on someone who can't get or didn't want a job at a private firm because they have no idea if that person is capable of doing private work.

Return to “Legal Employment”