Are Any Real Estate-Focused Firms Hiring? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Are Any Real Estate-Focused Firms Hiring?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Does anyone know of any that are doing well and looking to hire?

Anonymous User

Re: Are Any Real Estate-Focused Firms Hiring?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 pm

LeBump James

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:13 am

Your question is a tad confusing. Many firms have real estate practices, and they are hiring.

Are you asking about real estate boutiques? Can't help you there.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:10 am

BeenDidThat wrote:Your question is a tad confusing. Many firms have real estate practices, and they are hiring.

I guess by saying "real estate-focused" I had in mind firms like Fried Frank, Paul Hastings, Goulston & Storrs, etc that have a good percentage of their lawyers working on real estate matters. But real estate boutique employment leads would also be great.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
BeenDidThat wrote:Your question is a tad confusing. Many firms have real estate practices, and they are hiring.

I guess by saying "real estate-focused" I had in mind firms like Fried Frank, Paul Hastings, Goulston & Storrs, etc that have a good percentage of their lawyers working on real estate matters. But real estate boutique employment leads would also be great.

Thanks!
Those firms are hiring, but its for their regular SA programs (and therefore if you didn't get them through OCI you probably won't get them now). If you're a 1L looking ahead, most of those firms don't hire you as a 2L specifically for a group, but you can focus your summer work and hopefully get placed there full-time when you graduate. At Paul Hastings for example, most summers interested in real estate work will split their time between two of real estate/corporate/litigation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”