Can You Sue Your Old Law School?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
cattleprod

Can You Sue Your Old Law School?

Postby cattleprod » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:24 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/28 ... ie-gutmann

Here are some classic quotes:

"But if, as the suit alleges, schools did stuff like advertising that the “median” salary for their graduates was $160,000 when the school arrived at the figure with tricky accounting, it would seem to a non-lawyer like me that these disgruntled law-school grads have got themselves a case." (sounds like a jury member to me)

"All undergraduate colleges do is provide the restaurant industry with people who can recite Camus. It’s sort of a victimless crime, only involving students and probably their parents. Law schools, on the other hand, are set up to send more lawyers out into the world. And that by definition is a Very Bad Thing."

"I also like this suit because the people involved aren’t that different from the Occupy Wall Streeters — disgruntled recent grads of higher education — but their tactics are one step up the evolutionary chain. These folks aren’t just spending their days milling around public squares eating free cookies and talking to anybody with a camera phone. The law-school grads are doing something!"

zomginternets

Re: Can You Sue Your Old Law School?

Postby zomginternets » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Unitas

Re: Can You Sue Your Old Law School?

Postby Unitas » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:07 pm

zomginternets wrote:Image

:arrow:

Return to “Legal Employment”