Why isn't there an LSN for firms already?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Why isn't there an LSN for firms already?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:01 pm

To track dates of when firms act, to look at how various cycles go at various school and grade ranks, to see which softs play the best?

timbs4339

Re: Why isn't there an LSN for firms already?

Postby timbs4339 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 pm

Too easily outable. You'd have to break people down by school range, class rank, LR, WE, URM, etc. At schools that may send only a couple students to each firm or firms with tiny summer classes it would be too easy to out people. And at a firm with a summer class of 10-20 the report rate would probably be too low to give an accurate depiction. There are probably only a few firm-school pairings where this could work and the current TLS model of individual school/firm threads works well enough for those firms (large NYC firms).

Although it is really cool going back to LSN now and being able to out a lot of my classmates who used initials or screennames for their profiles.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:34 pm

I don't know that I agree, I think people could give little enough info to keep it pretty anonymous. Especially if they could give school ranges like they tend to on here.

Something like:

Top 1/3
MVP
IP Background

Then firms by CB/offers, CB/dings, Screener/Ding

I dunno for V100s in NYC anyway, there doesn't seem like much of an outing concern. Smaller firms or more insular markets, maybe.

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't know that I agree, I think people could give little enough info to keep it pretty anonymous. Especially if they could give school ranges like they tend to on here.

Something like:

Top 1/3
MVP
IP Background

Then firms by CB/offers, CB/dings, Screener/Ding

I dunno for V100s in NYC anyway, there doesn't seem like much of an outing concern. Smaller firms or more insular markets, maybe.

I think people would be more worried about backlash from their firms. They tend to keep hiring methods very close to the chest.

Return to “Legal Employment”