Blackberry

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Blackberry

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:42 am

Do firms usually provide SA's with blackberrys (including a cell phone line) ?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Blackberry

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do firms usually provide SA's with blackberrys (including a cell phone line) ?

curious as well

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Blackberry

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:05 am

The people I know working NYC biglaw this summer had blackberrys provided to them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Blackberry

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:08 am

You'll get a blackberry (or iphone for some firms), but for email only - it won't have phone service.

Sup Kid
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Blackberry

Postby Sup Kid » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:You'll get a blackberry (or iphone for some firms), but for email only - it won't have phone service.

Unclear why these all had to be anonymous, but yeah, most firms, including mine, gave SAs a blackberry without the ability to make or receive calls unless a partner wanted you to have those features, like if you were staffed on a time-sensitive case or deal.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Blackberry

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:22 am

Which firms give out iPhones?

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Blackberry

Postby Big Shrimpin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:17 am

Sup Kid wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:You'll get a blackberry (or iphone for some firms), but for email only - it won't have phone service.

Unclear why these all had to be anonymous, but yeah, most firms, including mine, gave SAs a blackberry without the ability to make or receive calls unless a partner wanted you to have those features, like if you were staffed on a time-sensitive case or deal.


Same for me @ NYC firm. We had BBM group lists and communicated with each other that way. If it's not something you'd want a partner to read, use personal numbers. 8)




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.