OMB Recruiting Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OMB Recruiting

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:24 pm

OMB's website, http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/application, claims it "conducts annual spring recruiting visits to many graduate business and public policy schools for entry-level permanent and summer positions. Opportunities are best for graduate students in public policy, public administration, business, economics, law, or a related field. " I'm at a fairly good law school in the DC region and our OCS shows that OMB has never hired from our law school (I can't see if they have from our B-School or Pub. Pol. program). Where exactly are they going to recruit the "law" students mentioned in the second sentence?

Anonymous User

Re: OMB Recruiting

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:38 pm

OMB hired 9 PMFs last year, a couple with JDs. So the PMF job fair?

Anonymous User

Re: OMB Recruiting

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OMB hired 9 PMFs last year, a couple with JDs. So the PMF job fair?
I guess that's a good number given they are only a ~500 person agency.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”