What, exactly, does a career in Human Rights Law look like?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Ruxin1

Re: What, exactly, does a career in Human Rights Law look like?

Postby Ruxin1 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:46 pm

retake

instateFTW

Postby instateFTW » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:10 pm

I don't know anything about NU, but if you go to school in a large square state with only 1 or 2 law schools, and you network effectively, you can probably volunteer for the state chapter of some NGO until its only staff attorney retires. Assuming no one else had the same plan, you will win out over "more qualified" applicants from out of state and can start making <$40,000/yr doing legit. human rights work.

Alternatively, make lots of money. Save it. Take low paying PI job in lieu of early retirement.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:16 pm

sebastian0622 wrote:Personally, I think all depictions of unicorns should be realistic.

Yeah, this my little pony PC shit that is all the rage in unicorn depictions really grinds my gears.

Return to “Legal Employment”