Haven't heard back since accepting offer nearly 3 weeks ago

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Haven't heard back since accepting offer nearly 3 weeks ago

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:34 pm

I verbally accepted the offer. They said I was not required to send any confirmatory email when I asked.
It's been almost 3 weeks.
Should I be worried?

Anonymous User

Re: Haven't heard back since accepting offer nearly 3 weeks ago

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I verbally accepted the offer. They said I was not required to send any confirmatory email when I asked.
Should I be worried?

Why would you be worried? You accepted, they stopped recruiting. Jan/Feb is often the next time you will hear from them with anything important.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I verbally accepted the offer. They said I was not required to send any confirmatory email when I asked.
Should I be worried?

Why would you be worried? You accepted, they stopped recruiting. Jan/Feb is often the next time you will hear from them with anything important.

Same. They will get in contact with you around January.

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Should I be worried?

I wouldn't be worried, but my firm wanted me to sign and return the actual offer letter (both for my SA position and when I accepted the offer to come back full-time next year). Is there anything in your offer letter indicating a space where you should sign and return it?

NewHere

Postby NewHere » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:05 am

I was nervous about the same thing back when I applied a few years ago. I sent an e-mail to recruiting to confirm that there hadn't been some paperwork that I missed or anything like that. They responded that all was well and that I'd hear from them by {whatever time it was that they'd be in touch again}.

In short: if it puts your mind at rest, just call them up or send an e-mail.

Return to “Legal Employment”