If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What practice area at Paul Hastings?


Corporate... this was a while ago though... early November on my school simplicity.

Omerta
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Omerta » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 pm

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who is posting stuff in this thread. I just received a "hey we're interested, but we're not setting up interviews yet" email from a firm that I found about from here.I've gotten unbelievable amounts of help from this board and I try to return the favor when I'm asked.

Keep posting those 3L opps!

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby piccolittle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
LeDique wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thanks guys for doing this. I just learned my CSO got contacted by a few of these firms looking for people and then specifically excluded me from the list of students he told about them.


Ouch. That's brutal.


I've told the office many times that if someone contacts them they should talk to me, which they said they would. Apparently I was lied to.

Tell a dean (of students or of the whole school). That is unacceptable behavior and the dean should address it. Our law school dean has called up the head of careers several times to follow up on complaints from students, and it seems to get them pretty motivated.

midwesTT
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:19 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby midwesTT » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:07 am

anyone with EE background and midwest ties PM me

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:29 pm

piccolittle wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
LeDique wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thanks guys for doing this. I just learned my CSO got contacted by a few of these firms looking for people and then specifically excluded me from the list of students he told about them.


Ouch. That's brutal.


I've told the office many times that if someone contacts them they should talk to me, which they said they would. Apparently I was lied to.

Tell a dean (of students or of the whole school). That is unacceptable behavior and the dean should address it. Our law school dean has called up the head of careers several times to follow up on complaints from students, and it seems to get them pretty motivated.


Original poster.

I think I might. I'm still really pissed that the head of the office has decided I'm not biglaw material. The reasons I didn't get a job at OCI are complicated and it's not their place to give up on me, especially when I've been mailing furiously and pulling every connection I can.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby a male human » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:22 pm

My school encourages everyone to go for biglaw even if they are highly underqualified like me. But excluding you after specifically asking isn't good either.

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby xcountryjunkie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Wood, Herron & Evans (Cincy) (Must be patent bar eligible)
Littler Mendelson (DC) (must be a dec 2012 graduate sitting for Feb 2013 bar)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Stewart & Stewart in DC

Faegre Baker Daniels is looking for Diversity Fellows, though I'm not sure if that was a mistake posting or not

NYLAW20
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:09 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby NYLAW20 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:16 am

Bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 am

Gonna keep this going:

MWE train starting again, looking for Tax SAs

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Gonna keep this going:

MWE train starting again, looking for Tax SAs


Which office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:24 pm

This should never leave the first page- the 3L job search is a wasteland. Any help is much appreciated.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Gonna keep this going:

MWE train starting again, looking for Tax SAs


Which office?


Houston. Symplicity posting is bare bones - lists a top 25% cut. Only requested a resume and transcript.

MoonDreamer
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby MoonDreamer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Gonna keep this going:

MWE train starting again, looking for Tax SAs


Which office?


Houston. Symplicity posting is bare bones - lists a top 25% cut. Only requested a resume and transcript.


Any good firms NOT ask for transcripts or have "cut-offs" for lateral consideration??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:21 am

From my school's Symplicity (edit - these are all positions for first-year associates, e.g. rising 3Ls, NOT summer associates):

DPW is looking for 3Ls in corporate in NY, DC, Sao Paulo (Portuguese skills preferred), Madrid (Spanish skills required), London (native or fluent foreign language required), and Hong Kong and Beijing (native or fluent Mandarin required)
DPW is looking for litigation in NY and DC
DPW is looking for executive compensation in NY
Simpson Thacher is looking for 3Ls in corporate, litigation, and tax in NY
Baker Botts looking for corporate in Austin (I think)
Weil is looking for banking/finance in London
Skadden is looking for 3Ls in all offices I think
Proskauer is looking for corporate in LA
Latham is looking for capital markets in Milan (Italian skills required)
Latham is looking for corporate in Riyadh
Bell, Nunnally & Martin is looking for transactional and litigation in Dallas
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks is looking for real estate transactional in LA

Hope this is helpful. More contributions to the thread would be appreciated!

I also find this site to be fairly helpful: http://grads.lawstudentjobs.net/

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:From my school's Symplicity (edit - these are all positions for first-year associates, e.g. rising 3Ls, NOT summer associates):

DPW is looking for 3Ls in corporate in NY, DC, Sao Paulo (Portuguese skills preferred), Madrid (Spanish skills required), London (native or fluent foreign language required), and Hong Kong and Beijing (native or fluent Mandarin required)
DPW is looking for litigation in NY and DC
DPW is looking for executive compensation in NY
Simpson Thacher is looking for 3Ls in corporate, litigation, and tax in NY
Baker Botts looking for corporate in Austin (I think)
Weil is looking for banking/finance in London
Skadden is looking for 3Ls in all offices I think
Proskauer is looking for corporate in LA
Latham is looking for capital markets in Milan (Italian skills required)
Latham is looking for corporate in Riyadh
Bell, Nunnally & Martin is looking for transactional and litigation in Dallas
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks is looking for real estate transactional in LA

Hope this is helpful. More contributions to the thread would be appreciated!

I also find this site to be fairly helpful: http://grads.lawstudentjobs.net/

Since we definitely go to the same school, do you know of anyone that has heard back yet..from any of these

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:From my school's Symplicity (edit - these are all positions for first-year associates, e.g. rising 3Ls, NOT summer associates):

DPW is looking for 3Ls in corporate in NY, DC, Sao Paulo (Portuguese skills preferred), Madrid (Spanish skills required), London (native or fluent foreign language required), and Hong Kong and Beijing (native or fluent Mandarin required)
DPW is looking for litigation in NY and DC
DPW is looking for executive compensation in NY
Simpson Thacher is looking for 3Ls in corporate, litigation, and tax in NY
Baker Botts looking for corporate in Austin (I think)
Weil is looking for banking/finance in London
Skadden is looking for 3Ls in all offices I think
Proskauer is looking for corporate in LA
Latham is looking for capital markets in Milan (Italian skills required)
Latham is looking for corporate in Riyadh
Bell, Nunnally & Martin is looking for transactional and litigation in Dallas
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks is looking for real estate transactional in LA

Hope this is helpful. More contributions to the thread would be appreciated!

I also find this site to be fairly helpful: http://grads.lawstudentjobs.net/

Since we definitely go to the same school, do you know of anyone that has heard back yet..from any of these

I think I know a couple of people who had interviews with DPW, but otherwise it's been crickets.

Anyone have anything else?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Since I got my offer thanks to this thread last year, I thought it should be revived for this year's 2Ls. Anyone know any places hiring? I definitely know 2Ls that are looking!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:Since I got my offer thanks to this thread last year, I thought it should be revived for this year's 2Ls. Anyone know any places hiring? I definitely know 2Ls that are looking!


bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Since I got my offer thanks to this thread last year, I thought it should be revived for this year's 2Ls. Anyone know any places hiring? I definitely know 2Ls that are looking!


bump

+1 Anyone w info please share

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Since I got my offer thanks to this thread last year, I thought it should be revived for this year's 2Ls. Anyone know any places hiring? I definitely know 2Ls that are looking!


bump

+1 Anyone w info please share


Baker Botts Palo Alto is still looking.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Since I got my offer thanks to this thread last year, I thought it should be revived for this year's 2Ls. Anyone know any places hiring? I definitely know 2Ls that are looking!


bump

+1 Anyone w info please share


Baker Botts Palo Alto is still looking.

Are they looking for mostly IP though?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:47 pm

re: Baker Botts PA

I have no hard science background and they called me to request an interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Orrick SV just posted on my school's Symplicity. Resume Collect until September 30th. "Candidates should have a keen interest in our Corporate Emerging Companies practice"

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:25 pm

If anyone has any information on what Minnesota firms--preferably the Twin Cities area--are still looking for 2Ls, I'd deeply appreciate it.

Thank you!




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.