If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Has anyone heard anything from ML/Cadwalader DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:10 pm

don't know if someone already posted this, but according to my school's symplicity, baker and daniels is looking for a 2L SA for its chicago office. the deadline to apply is nov. 30.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:29 pm

K&L Gates (Pittsburgh) is looking for 2012 1st year associates. Posted on DCNG symplicity. Applications due 11/21. Presumably the post is meant for 3Ls/clerks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:31 pm

Freshfields US Corporate in London finally got back after almost a month to reject me. Not sure what the point of all this is anymore. Maybe can just ask OCS to pay for the bullet so won't mess up their stats

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 pm

any updates?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Cadwalader DC rejection letter in mail. Did not get a CB, and never screened, just sent a blind resume. YA DIG?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:50 pm

Herbert Smith London is looking for SAs for its US practice group

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:53 pm

dickstein shapiro nyc

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:55 pm

King & Spalding NY (IP)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Herbert Smith London is looking for SAs for its US practice group


Screened last Friday, rejected today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:04 pm

^stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:12 pm

they have an office in the US?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:they have an office in the US?


their hong kong, london, and moscow offices have a us practice group.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Herbert Smith London is looking for SAs for its US practice group


Screened last Friday, rejected today.


I had my first screener two weeks ago and my second phone interview last week. Rejected today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:King & Spalding NY (IP)


Can you post who the hiring contact is for this one? The NALP contact email address is not working for me. Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:26 am

Screened almost two weeks ago, rejected today, the rejection email stated that they have completed their hiring and that no further calls will be scheduled for their recruitment efforts. I guess that might not be entirely true based on the recent symplicity post they had stated earlier in this thread that they were looking? Who knows how firms operate..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:King & Spalding NY (IP)


Can you post who the hiring contact is for this one? The NALP contact email address is not working for me. Thanks.


apply online on their website

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:^stats?


CCN, above median-top 1/3, some extra WE, no secondary language

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:08 am

Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck (DC) (IP) is looking for 1L SAs.

Keating, Muething & Klekamp (Cincinnati) is also looking for 1L SAs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Screened almost two weeks ago, rejected today, the rejection email stated that they have completed their hiring and that no further calls will be scheduled for their recruitment efforts. I guess that might not be entirely true based on the recent symplicity post they had stated earlier in this thread that they were looking? Who knows how firms operate..


which firm are you referring to?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Grizz » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck (DC) (IP) is looking for 1L SAs.

Keating, Muething & Klekamp (Cincinnati) is also looking for 1L SAs.

Wrong thread.

LawIdiot86
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby LawIdiot86 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Grizz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck (DC) (IP) is looking for 1L SAs.

Keating, Muething & Klekamp (Cincinnati) is also looking for 1L SAs.

Wrong thread.

Keating, Muething & Klekamp claims to be a "full-service Cincinnati law firm"?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:03 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck (DC) (IP) is looking for 1L SAs.

Keating, Muething & Klekamp (Cincinnati) is also looking for 1L SAs.

Wrong thread.

Keating, Muething & Klekamp claims to be a "full-service Cincinnati law firm"?


Look at the thread title (emphasis on "still," and "ANYWHERE"). The thread is for 2Ls/3Ls, who are basically screwed if they're still looking for a job, not for 1Ls who can't even legitimately begin their job hunts yet as per NALP guidelines.

LawIdiot86
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby LawIdiot86 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck (DC) (IP) is looking for 1L SAs.

Keating, Muething & Klekamp (Cincinnati) is also looking for 1L SAs.

Wrong thread.

Keating, Muething & Klekamp claims to be a "full-service Cincinnati law firm"?


Look at the thread title (emphasis on "still," and "ANYWHERE"). The thread is for 2Ls/3Ls, who are basically screwed if they're still looking for a job, not for 1Ls who can't even legitimately begin their job hunts yet as per NALP guidelines.

Ahh, makes sense now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Herbert Smith London is looking for SAs for its US practice group


Screened last Friday, rejected today.


I had my first screener two weeks ago and my second phone interview last week. Rejected today.


Stats? Also, any particular questions you were asked in the second interview?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.