If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: If you know any firm ANYWHERE that's still hiring, post ITT

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dickstein Shapiro (NY) just posted on my lower T-14 job board. Looking for 2L SA. Top 50% requested. Application deadline is TOMORROW (11/15).

Do these firms have yields they're looking for per school? It's odd that most of these NYC symplicity postings aren't on my C/N T6 symplicity.[/quote]
Applied Sunday, rejected today.[/quote]

im sorry. rejected via email or mail?[/quote]
Email. I was expecting it. I have an offer from an agency I need to take by Friday, so this was just a random shot in the dark.[/quote]

it just seems like a very fast turnaround. did the email say if they were done hiring?

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dickstein Shapiro (NY) just posted on my lower T-14 job board. Looking for 2L SA. Top 50% requested. Application deadline is TOMORROW (11/15).

Do these firms have yields they're looking for per school? It's odd that most of these NYC symplicity postings aren't on my C/N T6 symplicity.

Applied Sunday, rejected today.[/quote]

im sorry. rejected via email or mail?[/quote]
Email. I was expecting it. I have an offer from an agency I need to take by Friday, so this was just a random shot in the dark.[/quote]

it just seems like a very fast turnaround. did the email say if they were done hiring?[/quote]
I've had turnarounds of under 5 minutes with personalized rejections, so I'm really not shocked at this. I had screened with their DC office and was rejected with the reason that I seemed more like a NY-corporate guy than a DC-litigation guy. Email does not say if they are done hiring.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:31 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:I've had turnarounds of under 5 minutes with personalized rejections, so I'm really not shocked at this. I had screened with their DC office and was rejected with the reason that I seemed more like a NY-corporate guy than a DC-litigation guy. Email does not say if they are done hiring.

Applied to DC and NY separately a week ago; haven't heard back.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:I've had turnarounds of under 5 minutes with personalized rejections, so I'm really not shocked at this. I had screened with their DC office and was rejected with the reason that I seemed more like a NY-corporate guy than a DC-litigation guy. Email does not say if they are done hiring.

DC class if full. I have a relationship with their hiring coordinator. He got me an interview with the NY office but they dinged me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:47 pm

For people saying they want to kill themselves, you need to calm down. It's not that serious. Yes your big law options are probably 0.000001% at this point, but there are other options out there. And even if you don't get anything, your life is not over. People make fine livings with no degree, we are still going to get law degrees and someone somewhere will eventually hire you.

You also need to learn to be hustlers. I'm at a T2 @ Top 15% and got 8 callbacks, granted I got 6 dings so far, I would've never gotten the majority of these callbacks without hustling (informational interviews, alumni, etc.). I just today got an interview with a really small plaintiffs firm that makes bank by hustling. Even though I am depressed and anxious and can't concentrate on finals - I know it's not that serious to warrant talks about suicide. Something will eventually work out. Also get used to not being spoon fed and given stuff on a silver platter. HUSTLE!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

DC class if full. I have a relationship with their hiring coordinator. He got me an interview with the NY office but they dinged me.

When did you apply / have callback?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Um, I applied like a long ass time ago lol. My callback (NY) was mid-october when they were doing their second round of interviews for one open position, I got e-mail ding last week. Apparently, they didn't hire anyone and are now doing a third round. I don't know this for sure but someone said it was on symplicity yesterday. The DC office is definitely full though. Their NY recruiter takes forever to respond.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:please don't kill yourself. as the above poster said.. it's just a job! life's greatest things will not come from your job, so rest assured there is light at the end of the tunnel. this is coming from a guy from a t-14, top 25%, who had 9 callback interviews and 0 offers. I have literally 50 letter of rejection in a book i called "Haters Gonna Hate." I use it as motivation because I know I am an excellent candidate and will become an excellent attorney. My advice to ya'll is to handle finals. It's so late in the game now, most firms have filled their SA. Just rock out on grades, and get another bite at the apple as a 3L. THERE IS HOPE. One thing I realized from this process... and that holds true in life.. is that LIFE IS NOT FAIR. No matter how bad I think i deserved the offer over my colleagues, I didn't get it, and it may not have been fair... but life is not fair. Do your best to create opportunities for yourself. Minus OCI, there is never a time in your life where people actively seek you out to pay you top dollars... that is something that you have to do for yourself. Make it happen, and let's pop a bottle of dom when it's all done. cheers.

What a warrior. This might be the single greatest thing I've ever read on TLS.

You have a really great outlook and your positive energy is contagious. Props for coming in here and making this post, and for cheering someone up. That attitude is going to take you so much farther than anything anyone can put on their resume.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Um, I applied like a long ass time ago lol. My callback (NY) was mid-october when they were doing their second round of interviews for one open position, I got e-mail ding last week. Apparently, they didn't hire anyone and are now doing a third round. I don't know this for sure but someone said it was on symplicity yesterday. The DC office is definitely full though. Their NY recruiter takes forever to respond.

any idea what they are looking for? is it for lit? cant believe they would do 3 rounds!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

any idea what they are looking for? is it for lit? cant believe they would do 3 rounds!

I have no idea. I think the first time, the people they offered probably didnt accept. This time, I have no idea. I was not an IP candidate, so they must be looking for general. I was interested in litigation and got dinged. My interviews went extremely well. I'm from a T2 though (top 10% and WE), so I assume they wanted a more prestigious school.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:24 am

At this point, I have no idea what Morgan Lewis is looking for. Perhaps my school is so crappy that they haven't even looked at apps from there yet. But I applied to two offices and have yet to be rejected like so many have been.

Or perhaps they are still too busy laughing at me to have gotten around to it yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:37 pm

When did you apply? I applied Friday and am still waiting to hear from their ny office. Anyone else still waiting??

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When did you apply? I applied Friday and am still waiting to hear from their ny office. Anyone else still waiting??
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:

I'm still waiting: median T10

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Still waiting, applied Friday. Are dings electronic or snail mail?

Top 1/3 at a T30. I'll be in NY next week and wrote an e-mail saying as much so am eager to hear back...

Why are we under the impression that they are even still hiring?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:02 am

I'm still waiting as well.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:Still waiting, applied Friday. Are dings electronic or snail mail?

Top 1/3 at a T30. I'll be in NY next week and wrote an e-mail saying as much so am eager to hear back...

Why are we under the impression that they are even still hiring?

I got it electronically at NY.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:14 am

That sucks. When did you apply and when did you find out?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:That sucks. When did you apply and when did you find out?

When it was first posted ITT. Probably about 2 weeks ago. Turnaround on my rejection was very fast.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:26 am

T50, top 10% and law review, applied on November 3rd and still waiting. I'm guessing the ding is either on its way, or the silence will speak for itself.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I have no idea. I think the first time, the people they offered probably didnt accept. This time, I have no idea. I was not an IP candidate, so they must be looking for general. I was interested in litigation and got dinged. My interviews went extremely well. I'm from a T2 though (top 10% and WE), so I assume they wanted a more prestigious school.

Weird. Did they ask you substantive questions? I interviewed with another office and everything went well until my last interview, stumbled on some substantive questions.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:45 pm

My guess: Morgan Lewis didn't recognize when they made a symplicity post on a few T6's that it would end up being broadcast here, leading to hundreds of applications from every school in the country. I'm betting they're drowning in applications like July/August all over again.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:48 pm

I am sure they got more than they bargained for, but they actually did post here at my T25 as well...so it was more than just the T6s they were posting at.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am sure they got more than they bargained for, but they actually did post here at my T25 as well...so it was more than just the T6s they were posting at.

Fair enough.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My guess: Morgan Lewis didn't recognize when they made a symplicity post on a few T6's that it would end up being broadcast here, leading to hundreds of applications from every school in the country. I'm betting they're drowning in applications like July/August all over again.

They posted at far more than some T6's. I'm towards the bottom of the T50 and they posted here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My guess: Morgan Lewis didn't recognize when they made a symplicity post on a few T6's that it would end up being broadcast here, leading to hundreds of applications from every school in the country. I'm betting they're drowning in applications like July/August all over again.

They posted at far more than some T6's. I'm towards the bottom of the T50 and they posted here.

My apologies, then. I really don't know what they're doing in that case, unless they're just scheduling a few callbacks at a time.

Return to “Legal Employment”