Urgent career advice: should I send a more recent resume

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Urgent career advice: should I send a more recent resume

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:49 pm

If I've just interviewed with a bunch of firms, and received a no from some of them. Is it a good idea for me to send them my more recent resume which includes things that I've been involved in this semester? Will this help? Could it hurt?

NinerFan

Re: Urgent career advice: should I send a more recent resume

Postby NinerFan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:54 pm

If you're asking if you should send a more recent resume to a firm that's already dinged you- no, don't do that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:59 pm

No not to the ones that dinged me, but the ones that haven't responded yet

NinerFan

Postby NinerFan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No not to the ones that dinged me, but the ones that haven't responded yet

If you've done something legitimately noteworthy, then sure, why not? If you have just been doing something in say, the democrat/republican club, fed society, a cultural group, student government or something silly like that, well, that's not really anything they'll care about IMO.

If you're just looking to keep yourself in the mix, a simple call to reiterate your interest is probably enough.

Return to “Legal Employment”