2012 SA on Resume?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2012 SA on Resume?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:05 am

Applying for a clinical next week and I wanted to update my resume with my SA position. Should I do this? If so, can anyone give me a good resume description for an SA in the corporate department?

Thank you

California Babe

Re: 2012 SA on Resume?

Postby California Babe » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Applying for a clinical next week and I wanted to update my resume with my SA position. Should I do this? If so, can anyone give me a good resume description for an SA in the corporate department?

Thank you

You shouldn't try to describe it because you haven't done it yet. Just list the firm, your position, and an expected start date.

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:18 am

Last edited by Cavalier on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:23 am

Thank you for the quick responses. I will simply just list it.

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:52 pm

I would also add maybe put a little blurb (one line will be sufficient) saying something like "selected as a member of the 2012 summer associate class" and maybe even "selected as a member of the 2012 summer associate class for the X practice group" if you're at a firm that hired you for a particular group.

California Babe

Postby California Babe » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:28 pm

IzziesGal wrote:I would also add maybe put a little blurb (one line will be sufficient) saying something like "selected as a member of the 2012 summer associate class" and maybe even "selected as a member of the 2012 summer associate class for the X practice group" if you're at a firm that hired you for a particular group.

What? This does not make any sense. If you are listing the employer, that you are a summer associate, and that your expected start day is May/June of 2012, why would you add a sentence saying you were selected as a summer associate? It is readily apparent that you were selected as a summer associate, given the fact that you listed on your resume that you're a summer associate. That just adds an unnecessary line on your resume.

dood

Postby dood » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:51 pm

California Babe wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:I would also add maybe put a little blurb (one line will be sufficient) saying something like "selected as a member of the 2012 summer associate class" and maybe even "selected as a member of the 2012 summer associate class for the X practice group" if you're at a firm that hired you for a particular group.

What? This does not make any sense. If you are listing the employer, that you are a summer associate, and that your expected start day is May/June of 2012, why would you add a sentence saying you were selected as a summer associate? It is readily apparent that you were selected as a summer associate, given the fact that you listed on your resume that you're a summer associate. That just adds an unnecessary line on your resume.

nothing u say can be trusted until u show us ur pics "california babe"

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”