Help - which firm?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Help - which firm?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Dewey or White & Case?

California markets. Thanks!

patrickd139

Re: Help - which firm?

Postby patrickd139 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm not going to have any pointers other than lay prestige, but others with inside knowledge (if they exist on this site) will probably want to know your career interests, what practice group options you have (if you're hired to be in a certain group), which offices you have an acceptance to (if that won't out you), etc...

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Lay prestige? You really think laymen know of different law firms, let alone which ones have more prestige? Im guessing "lay prestige" is not the term you meant.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:51 pm

kaiser wrote:Lay prestige? You really think laymen know of different law firms, let alone which ones have more prestige? Im guessing "lay prestige" is not the term you meant.

Probably not your second cousin, but if you think that ibankers, tax firms and various CEOs don't prefer to work with certain firms on some matters over other firms...

PeanutHead

Postby PeanutHead » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:36 pm

patrickd139 wrote:Probably not your second cousin,

???

patrickd139 wrote:but if you think that ibankers, tax firms and various CEOs don't prefer to work with certain firms on some matters over other firms..

I'm sure they do prefer, but I don't think their preference has too much to do w/ "prestige" considerations and more to do with how complicated the issue is and how much money they have to throw at it.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:42 pm

PeanutHead wrote:I'm sure they do prefer, but I don't think their preference has too much to do w/ "prestige" considerations and more to do with how complicated the issue is and how much money they have to throw at it.

How do you measure prestige? Money earned and complexity of issues handled are what most people go by.

Return to “Legal Employment”