Awkward Offer Situation

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Re: Awkward Offer Situation

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:39 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Why not ask your contact at the firm whether or not you are free to speak about your offer ?

This. Explain why asking.

Postby YourCaptain » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:45 am

YourCaptain wrote:Is it normal for permanent offers to take this long? This seems unnecessarily nerve-wracking.

Postby wiseowl » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:17 pm

This sounds par for the course for many DE/PA/NJ TTTs. Even if you "win" the offer, you've lost. If I were you, I'd mass mail until your clicking finger falls off.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:10 pm

I've just decided to shut my mouth; as some of you have already said, they should be looking hard anyway. I could probably easily call my contact at the firm and ask about it, but I've always prided myself on not complicating my work life unnecessarily; I only ask questions when I absolutely have to, I'm friends with the few people I would naturally gravitate to, and I shut up, do good work, and expect to be left alone for the most part. Recruiting also already volunteered to me that the other folks may have complicated things for themselves by stating an intent to work at multiple different offices that all likely have different needs with regards to hiring and practice groups.

I like the firm a lot, accepted the offer over some higher paying options because I like the way they treated their associates, the potential for growth, and I really fit in with my practice group.

Return to “Legal Employment”