Manhattan DA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Manhattan DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:32 pm

I know one person at least at my school who's had a second round (no third). He had a pending offer so they expedited him.

I had my first round a few days ago, and they started calling my references the same day. No word about a second round yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:14 pm

Had my first round four weeks ago. Not psyched at the time. Probably means I'm just floating with a lot of candidates and didn't really impress the interviewer enough that they moved faster on my app. That being said I know they're still doing first rounds and they told me I'd hear no sooner than 3-4 weeks, so not completely discouraged.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Me and at least someone else from my school have done second rounds, FWIW.

I think I read somewhere on one of these forums that the office should be hiring more ADAs this year than the last. Buttt my starry-eyed hope could have just been inventing that for my peace of mind. Has anyone heard something similar?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Me and at least someone else from my school have done second rounds, FWIW.

I think I read somewhere on one of these forums that the office should be hiring more ADAs this year than the last. Buttt my starry-eyed hope could have just been inventing that for my peace of mind. Has anyone heard something similar?

I'm posted right above you. My interviewer hinted the class might be bigger and said the salary is scheduled to go up, but a final number hadn't been picked.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:38 pm

I applied in August and have not heard anything back. Anyone else in the same position? Does that mean I got rejected or is there hope until They actually send me a rejection?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I applied in August and have not heard anything back. Anyone else in the same position? Does that mean I got rejected or is there hope until They actually send me a rejection?

They reply to every application. If you got their first email that acknowledged your app, they are still considering you

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Anyone else here who applied ad who hasn't heard back one way or another?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:04 pm

It took them five weeks after my first round, but I have a second round scheduled for early December (that was earliest date they had open).

Just an FYI for people wondering timelines.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Has anyone heard of fourths yet? Had my third and now just resigning myself to the hardest part - waiting for the ding letter...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Any fourths?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Was in for my 2nd recently. Saw an out-of-state applicant hanging around the hiring suite after a 3rd round. My hunch is they told the person to stick around and have a 4th same day? He was far enough to have to fly to/from NY.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any idea what the turn around time is between 3rd and 4th round interviews? Also, does Vance extend offers in the 4th round?

For me it was about a week. Vance does extend offers in the 4th round, but sometimes he defers his decision (is what I was told).

I was told, by an attorney at the Manhattan DA's office, that Vance has never overruled the hiring committee pick, though. Meaning if you get a 4th round "interview," you're pretty much guaranteed an offer (unless you somehow reeaaallllyyy screw up at that interview).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Me and at least someone else from my school have done second rounds, FWIW.

Yes, ive heard theyre in desperate need for bodies. Vance has made some big changes to the structure of the trial division, most of which have been poorly received by the line ADAs. There has been a flood of resignations and transfers, and there is a bit of a crisis at the 4-6 year levels. Morale is pretty low too.

I heard they are deciding wheter to hire a bigger rookie class, or perhaps hire 15+ laterals and try to stick them into the trial bureaus.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:34 am

I know someone who has had an offer for well over a month.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:12 pm

Bumping for 2015.

QueensNewYorker

Postby QueensNewYorker » Mon May 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Should probably start a new thread.

Return to “Legal Employment”