On hold

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

On hold

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:00 pm

E-mailed a recruiting coordinator 8 days after a callback that seemed to go well. Told I was on hold and they were still in the hiring process and would let me know as soon as they could. There have now been two hiring committee meetings since my callback (the meetings are on Wednesdays, my callback was on a Tuesday).

Top 1/3 at a T30 and on a moot court team not a journal.

Am I screwed?

The firm is Potter Anderson in DE if this is relevant.

Anonymous User

Re: On hold

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:E-mailed a recruiting coordinator 8 days after a callback that seemed to go well. Told I was on hold and they were still in the hiring process and would let me know as soon as they could. There have now been two hiring committee meetings since my callback (the meetings are on Wednesdays, my callback was on a Tuesday).

Top 1/3 at a T30 and on a moot court team not a journal.

Am I screwed?

The firm is Potter Anderson in DE if this is relevant.

Not necessarily screwed, it just means that you are not their top choice. They like you enough to keep you around until they find someone better or decide that you are the best out of the remaining pool.

Also, IMHO, you got the CB because you were qualified. At this point it is not so much about the resume as a matter of who the firm liked better or thinks will fit in the best. However, I am sure that isn't true for all firms.

Anonymous User

Re: On hold

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Has anyone heard of a firm making rejections before making any offers? Or if others have been rejected and I haven't, can I assume the firm has already made some offers and I am being held?

Return to “Legal Employment”