fish & richardson - white collar?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273155
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:19 pm

So why in the world does FR have a white collar practice? Wasn't this a patent boutique. I just now found out about this. This seems very bizarre.
Is patent litigation drying up?

User avatar
erico
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 am

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby erico » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:27 pm

yeah patent litigation is dead.

User avatar
quadsixm
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby quadsixm » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:32 pm

erico wrote:yeah patent litigation is dead.

lol

User avatar
Bosque
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby Bosque » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:41 pm

I am pretty sure Fish gobbled up another firm that had the white colar practice, which would be where it came from.

And yes, patent litigation is dead. All of us IP lawyers should start filling out our Burger King applications.

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Bosque wrote:I am pretty sure Fish gobbled up another firm that had the white colar practice, which would be where it came from.

And yes, patent litigation is dead. All of us IP lawyers should start filling out our Burger King applications.


I already locked down a position at Five Guys. You all better get on it or you'll be FUKT.

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby Big Shrimpin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
Bosque wrote:I am pretty sure Fish gobbled up another firm that had the white colar practice, which would be where it came from.

And yes, patent litigation is dead. All of us IP lawyers should start filling out our Burger King applications.


I already locked down a position at Five Guys. You all better get on it or you'll be FUKT.


I recently did a CB at Shake Shack. It's more of a boutique, however, but becoming more prestigious.

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby englawyer » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:12 pm

fish had the idea to become a GP firm. apparently it utterly failed and they are going back to focusing on IP

Anonymous User
Posts: 273155
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:16 pm

IP --> trade secret litigation --> white collar if federal government gets involved.

so it is relevant in some IP cases.

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:IP --> trade secret litigation --> white collar if federal government gets involved.

so it is relevant in some IP cases.


There are also some criminal code sections tucked into statutes relating to copyright and ITC matters because of TRIPS.

turbotong
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:53 am

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby turbotong » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Regarding the death of patent litigation:
I'm sure it will pick up with the America Invents Act. After a huge bill such as the AAA, someone is going to need lawyers to argue about what it means to see what they can get away with... but we won't be seeing the effects until it kicks into full swing.

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby Big Shrimpin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:02 pm

turbotong wrote:Regarding the death of patent litigation:
I'm sure it will pick up with the America Invents Act. After a huge bill such as the AAA, someone is going to need lawyers to argue about what it means to see what they can get away with... but we won't be seeing the effects until it kicks into full swing.


::misses the joke::

Anonymous User
Posts: 273155
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:05 pm

.

User avatar
erico
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:56 am

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby erico » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:
turbotong wrote:Regarding the death of patent litigation:
I'm sure it will pick up with the America Invents Act. After a huge bill such as the AAA, someone is going to need lawyers to argue about what it means to see what they can get away with... but we won't be seeing the effects until it kicks into full swing.


::misses the joke::


yeah. wow. i mean, really?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273155
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: fish & richardson - white collar?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:29 pm

englawyer wrote:fish had the idea to become a GP firm. apparently it utterly failed and they are going back to focusing on IP

must suck to be a white collar associate there then




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.