Follow up e-mail Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Follow up e-mail

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:25 pm

I know there is a thread out there somewhere because i remember seeing it, but I can't find it after searching so I apologize in advance for the repeat question.

What do I say in an e-mail following up with a firm I haven't heard from 3+ weeks after CB but I have no offers to report? I know this is a ridiculous question but I've sent one or two emails that in retrospect I wished I hadn't so now I'm extremely cautious about how and what to say. If anyone has a sample they wouldn't mind sharing I would appreciate it.

thanks

Void

Silver

Re: Follow up e-mail

Post by Void » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know there is a thread out there somewhere because i remember seeing it, but I can't find it after searching so I apologize in advance for the repeat question.

What do I say in an e-mail following up with a firm I haven't heard from 3+ weeks after CB but I have no offers to report? I know this is a ridiculous question but I've sent one or two emails that in retrospect I wished I hadn't so now I'm extremely cautious about how and what to say. If anyone has a sample they wouldn't mind sharing I would appreciate it.

thanks
Why follow up?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:41 pm

OP--> idk I just wanna know at this point. I know it could lead to a quick ding but at least I'll be put out of my misery. At this point I have no idea what the timing of the process is as I didnt get to meet with the recruiter at the end of the day as expected.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP--> idk I just wanna know at this point. I know it could lead to a quick ding but at least I'll be put out of my misery. At this point I have no idea what the timing of the process is as I didnt get to meet with the recruiter at the end of the day as expected.
At this point, chances are good that they are waiting to see what their yield is before they make any more offers, so nagging won't help. But there's no harm in calling and asking if they know what their time frame will be for making decisions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”