responding to dings?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

responding to dings?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Does anybody? Can it ever lead to reconsideration or just networking for later? If you intend to reapply for 3L OCI, is it worth expressing your continued interest?

Anonymous User

Re: responding to dings?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:12 pm

What's the worst that could happen... They re-reject you?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:14 pm

If its a place you are sincerely interested in for the future, it can never hurt to stay in touch and on good terms. See if they can offer you any constructive feedback on your interview so you can improve moving forward.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Would you tell them where you ended up? "Hey --- soo I'm just working at a Vx down the street..."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:17 pm

if it's a firm you would consider working at in the future, by all means stay in touch, especially if you made connections with any of your interviewers. i'm only a 2L myself, but i've heard of this working really for some 3Ls who didn't get their first choice during 2L OCI but kept in touch and managed to get something during 3L OCI.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:08 pm

I got an offer and will be working with a firm that dinged me post-screener at 2L OCI at 3L OCI. I actually interviewed with the same person who didn't call me back the year before. I was dinged the year before by at least half of the firms I got a cb with this year.

Return to “Legal Employment”