Philadelphia DA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Has anyone put a phone call in?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone put a phone call in?

The honor and privilege can be yours!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 pm

This is getting out of hand. Some of us had our second round way back in October. Anyone have any news?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Still no response to my email. If someone wants to call, that'd be good. One of my friends that graduated last year said she heard nothing until she received a rejection letter in March via snail mail. Sigh.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:27 pm

How many people does everyone think had a final interview? Just trying to get a feel for our chances. I imagine if you're invited for a final round interview you have a decent shot?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:55 pm

Received a call today about "setting up a meeting" next week. Don't know if that's another interview or if that's an offer. Regardless, I've already accepted elsewhere, so good luck to everyone!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Received a call today about "setting up a meeting" next week. Don't know if that's another interview or if that's an offer. Regardless, I've already accepted elsewhere, so good luck to everyone!
Thanks for the update! Hopefully more of us will get a phone call.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Received a call today about "setting up a meeting" next week. Don't know if that's another interview or if that's an offer. Regardless, I've already accepted elsewhere, so good luck to everyone!

Congrats! And for anyone else who is paranoid like me...what time did they call, and when did you have your second round interview?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:33 pm

I have to wonder what "setting up a meeting" meant. The website references only the screening and panel interviews as the interactive parts of the process. One would also think that if they were going to offer the job, they would just offer it, no? No one else received a call I gather?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm the Anon above with the phone call. Got the call around 1:00 p.m. It came up as "Unknown" so I let it go to voicemail, where the person on the other end said they were calling about "setting up a meeting with the District Attorney." I had my second-round really early, in October.

Maybe the offer is in person? Maybe she was just going to set up a phone meeting? Maybe they've decided to do an additional round of interviews? I'm not sure. When I called back, I said pretty quickly that I'd recently accepted another offer, so I didn't get many details.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks for explaining that!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Hopefully this means offers/calls/setting up meetings will be going out this week. Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:22 am

The ethical thing is to withdraw your applications when you accept another job. It's a burden on the office to extend an offer that is rejected and there are people here on this very thread who would appreciate the spot you give up sooner rather than later!

Maybe the timing was too quick for you, but some people don't know that this is the generally appreciated practice so just thought I'd throw that out there anyway.

(Also, a bureau chief in a major city's DA's office told me about an applicant who accepted elsewhere but let her application fester in his office and when this was found out, phone calls were made and she lost BOTH offers.)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:(Also, a bureau chief in a major city's DA's office told me about an applicant who accepted elsewhere but let her application fester in his office and when this was found out, phone calls were made and she lost BOTH offers.)

If true, this was incredibly petty of both offices.

Postby 20130312 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:(Also, a bureau chief in a major city's DA's office told me about an applicant who accepted elsewhere but let her application fester in his office and when this was found out, phone calls were made and she lost BOTH offers.)

Not petty. It's totally unprofessional to accept an offer while you're still considering others.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not petty. It's totally unprofessional to accept an offer while you're still considering others.

Concur. It really affects the numbers game. Just a common courtesy!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Has anyone else heard anything? I'm still hopeful...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone else heard anything? I'm still hopeful...
Nothing here. I'm also still hopeful. I felt like my interviews went pretty well and I would absolutely love to end up here. I'm definitely getting anxious and I'm dying to get a phone call so you're not alone.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Haven't heard anything either...I contacted someone I know who works there to see if there are any updates. I thought my interviews went well, too!

Fingers crossed. Kind of strange only one person monitoring this post had a call...?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:24 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Is it unprofessional if you haven't heard anything at all from the office? Like its been 8-9 weeks with no contact. I had 1 DA's office tell me 3-4 weeks in early October, I called in early November, they told me to wait 1-2 weeks. I had radio silence until the end of December (about 5 weeks). Is that unprofessional on there part?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Is it unprofessional if you haven't heard anything at all from the office? Like its been 8-9 weeks with no contact. I had 1 DA's office tell me 3-4 weeks in early October, I called in early November, they told me to wait 1-2 weeks. I had radio silence until the end of December (about 5 weeks). Is that unprofessional on there part?

*their

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Do you have an outstanding offer? It's perfectly okay to tell the office you're waiting on that you have an offer from another office and that you need them to expedite their decision on you. Offices do this all the time and it's perfectly acceptable.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Did the Ano who contacted someone there get a sense of when calls would go out? Or, if/when rejections go out?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:42 pm

A number of people received rejections via mail today. Congrats to those still in the running!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A number of people received rejections via mail today. Congrats to those still in the running!

This makes my receiving only a hefty heating bill in the mail today much more comforting. Any idea how far from Philly these recipients were (aka any chance that out-of-state rejections may be pending)?

Return to “Legal Employment”