Philadelphia DA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PlessFightsFire
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby PlessFightsFire » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Dec. 1st is a ways away

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:00 pm

PlessFightsFire wrote:Dec. 1st is a ways away


Would I be disadvantaged in not sending apps out on Dec. 1 if the official app. deadline is Feb. 15? They wait for transcripts before making a decision, right?

Myself
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:36 pm

.

Postby Myself » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:37 am

.
Last edited by Myself on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby BlueLotus » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:01 am

^Word. A veritable bloodbath. :(

I know that ADA positions start @ $48,975, but what is the payscale after, say, 5 or10 years?

How important are grades/LR in the selection process?

Will pro-bono work with ACLU/NLG etc. be a red flag like it is with Innocence Project type gigs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:52 pm

I just came upon this thread of rejections - I didn't even have my call back yer and neither did the other two interviewing from my school. (We're all 3Ls interviewing in November).

EDIT: Just saw that most of the posts were from last year's cycle. Also, my CSO said that they are going to be hiring something 30 ADAs this year.

sequenza
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby sequenza » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:07 pm

I heard they are hiring 25 ADAs but there are 200 call back interviews. Also, half of the spots go to the 2L summer class.

Geist13
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Geist13 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:37 pm

For those 3Ls with callbacks, how long after the screener did they notify you? Mine was a week ago, did not go well, but still curious.

sequenza
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby sequenza » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:39 pm

about 3 weeks.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby BlueLotus » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Did anyone here do the 1L intern program? What has the selection process/timeline like? What are they looking for in terms of grades?

User avatar
JO 14
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby JO 14 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:30 am

I have a friend who was very optimistic about landing a DA SA. Turns out he secured a firm SA position and last week (a month after the DA interview) the DA dinged him via snail mail. He made it sound like the DA had filled their quota.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:00 am

JO 14 wrote:I have a friend who was very optimistic about landing a DA SA. Turns out he secured a firm SA position and last week (a month after the DA interview) the DA dinged him via snail mail. He made it sound like the DA had filled their quota.


Interesting...the AZ Gov. Honors site said that Philly DA will continue interviewing into early December for 2L summer positions. What were his stats/PI experience?

User avatar
JO 14
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby JO 14 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
JO 14 wrote:I have a friend who was very optimistic about landing a DA SA. Turns out he secured a firm SA position and last week (a month after the DA interview) the DA dinged him via snail mail. He made it sound like the DA had filled their quota.


Interesting...the AZ Gov. Honors site said that Philly DA will continue interviewing into early December for 2L summer positions. What were his stats/PI experience?

If you have an application into the Philly DA and have not been dinged, I would imagin that you are still in the running. All I know is that the cohort, after talking with someone at the DA’s office, felt very good about his chances (he had something in his background that meshed with what the DA was looking for). I recall he said that his firm SA paid more in one week than the DA paid in a month. . . if that matters.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby BlueLotus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:33 am

JO 14 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
JO 14 wrote:I have a friend who was very optimistic about landing a DA SA. Turns out he secured a firm SA position and last week (a month after the DA interview) the DA dinged him via snail mail. He made it sound like the DA had filled their quota.


Interesting...the AZ Gov. Honors site said that Philly DA will continue interviewing into early December for 2L summer positions. What were his stats/PI experience?

If you have an application into the Philly DA and have not been dinged, I would imagin that you are still in the running. All I know is that the cohort, after talking with someone at the DA’s office, felt very good about his chances (he had something in his background that meshed with what the DA was looking for). I recall he said that his firm SA paid more in one week than the DA paid in a month. . . if that matters.


Did he have ties? I hear that's pretty important for Philly DA.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Does anyone know if any offers have been extended yet? The suspense is killing me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Still waiting. The website says end of December but I keep thinking (hoping) they'll be making decisions earlier because who gets anything done at the end of December?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:13 pm

I don't know, but I have not heard anything since my panel interview in the middle of October.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:58 pm

I have not heard anything either. I have a friend that has a call back in January. So I imagine that we will not hear until late January. I did hear that some offers were extended to 2012 2L class at the end of October. The wait goes on.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Clarify if you're talking about 3L full-time position application or 2L Summer one.

3L here. Had my first rounder. Haven't heard anything yet. Was told they'll notify me around December if I get a panel interview. They were vague about when in December, though.

Anyone else?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Clarify if you're talking about 3L full-time position application or 2L Summer one.

3L here. Had my first rounder. Haven't heard anything yet. Was told they'll notify me around December if I get a panel interview. They were vague about when in December, though.

Anyone else?


They told you they would notify you in December about HAVING the panel interview? I had my panel interview in November and they told me they would be meeting to discuss hires around mid December and sending offers by late December/ early January. (3L)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:29 pm

I am a 3L and had the first round and panel interview in October. During my panel interview, they told me probably January for ADA positions. I am clarifying my earlier post.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Clarify if you're talking about 3L full-time position application or 2L Summer one.

3L here. Had my first rounder. Haven't heard anything yet. Was told they'll notify me around December if I get a panel interview. They were vague about when in December, though.

Anyone else?


They told you they would notify you in December about HAVING the panel interview? I had my panel interview in November and they told me they would be meeting to discuss hires around mid December and sending offers by late December/ early January. (3L)


3L here: I had my screener in late August and my panel in early November. They told me that they would be making decisions in late-December.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 am

I am in my last semester applying for full-time. My screener was in early October, and they contacted me for the panel interview soon after, which I had in the first week of November. They did not specify to me when decisions would be made, but the interviewer did say that, if I was to be selected, they probably would not have decision made in time for me to register for the February PA bar (I am graduating after this semester) - so I suppose that is at least a hint.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Thanks for information. I looked and the final date for registration for PA February bar is 12/15. So maybe we will know this month. Does anyone know when the hiring committee is going to meet? I have heard they are meeting this month. Has anyone called?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for information. I looked and the final date for registration for PA February bar is 12/15. So maybe we will know this month. Does anyone know when the hiring committee is going to meet? I have heard they are meeting this month. Has anyone called?


During my panel I was told they are for sure meeting in December, but this was in early Nov. so if they are backed up things may have changed. Especially considering that there are people on here who say they are still waiting to do a panel interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273135
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philadelphia DA

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:57 pm

I have a panel interview scheduled for mid-January. When I called to schedule, they gave me dates at late as January 25th. However I also applied outside of OCI so maybe my timeline is different.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.