Philadelphia DA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Philadelphia DA

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:36 pm

I know how you feel. I'm outside Philly too. I'll just await the disappointment tomorrow or Saturday then.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm

If we haven't received a phone call - does everyone think that means a rejection letter is on the way?

Also outside of Philly too. :cry:
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:36 pm

That's my thinking.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 pm

It's just hard to believe that NO ONE in this thread, participating or just lurking, has not received an offer. I'd like to keep hope but it's not looking good.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 pm

I, too, find it strange that nobody has received an offer, and that only one person received anything that could even be construed as an offer. Time will tell. Out-of-staters: I'm in the midwest, so if rejections got to in-staters today, I will probably get mine tomorrow, so I will let everyone know.

Fingers crossed, here's to optimism that the phone call was a bluff!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Or perhaps the poster who got a call was someone that the office was really torn about, and therefore the office decided to make him undergo an additional interview with the DA. When I asked during my final interview about whether there would be any possibility of having to undergo another interview, the interviewers said it was unlikely but that there could be a rare case where the DA would want to conduct an additional interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm another one who's still waiting to hear. No mail for me today. I think we would have heard about people's offers if they had all gone out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Or perhaps the poster who got a call was someone that the office was really torn about, and therefore the office decided to make him undergo an additional interview with the DA. When I asked during my final interview about whether there would be any possibility of having to undergo another interview, the interviewers said it was unlikely but that there could be a rare case where the DA would want to conduct an additional interview.
Thanks for sharing this information. It gives me some reason to hope for us all.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:36 am

Heard from a pretty good source that 100 candidates were interviewed and only 5 got offers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 am

So much for taking an anticipated 25 people.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 am

Yeah, rejections have reached the midwest. Given the lack of communication for almost four month, not at all surprised.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:Heard from a pretty good source that 100 candidates were interviewed and only 5 got offers.
If this is true, I'm not sure why they interviewed so many people. They had to have some kind of idea they wouldn't need to hire the 20-30 people that they have in the past. It cost a lot of money for me to travel and go there. I don't mind spending money on an opportunity but if it's not really a true opportunity then it was a waste of time and money. Money that I don't have a lot of right now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 am

I've been following this thread but haven't posted. They have given some offers, are not done yet. They will be done in about a week. This info derives from their office and is up to date.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Heard from a pretty good source that 100 candidates were interviewed and only 5 got offers.
If this is true, I'm not sure why they interviewed so many people. They had to have some kind of idea they wouldn't need to hire the 20-30 people that they have in the past. It cost a lot of money for me to travel and go there. I don't mind spending money on an opportunity but if it's not really a true opportunity then it was a waste of time and money. Money that I don't have a lot of right now.
Thing is, they usually have no idea how many spots they have until the process is over. The spots depend on money and budget. They've done full season of interviews and hired no one before.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've been following this thread but haven't posted. They have given some offers, are not done yet. They will be done in about a week. This info derives from their office and is up to date.
Any idea on how many offers that they plan on extending?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:21 pm

I can confirm that reject letters have hit outside of Philly. Very sad right now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:13 am

Got mine today as well. I've given up taking these things personally. There are too many people involved in this competition -- too many qualified, compelling applicants -- to take it personally. You can't possibly control for the subjective quirks one office or person might prefer over another in an applicant. Just keep plugging.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:35 am

I'm one of the ones that got a rejection. Attend a Philly area law school--was told by a source in our career services office that the Philly DA's office told them they will not be extending many offers because of funding issues.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:48 am

Anyone mind sharing stats? I know this is probably a tough time for you all, but as a 2L interested in the DA's office from a Philly area school, it would be really helpful in setting my expectations. Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:58 am

I'm top ten percent at a tier 2, and a published member of law review with lots of prosecution externships. I'd say being from a Philly school gives you a leg up as local ties are a plus (though if you've been there and haven't interned there they may wonder -- definitely a place that wants you to want it a lot). Also, keep in mind, stats are hardly determinative in a DA office. They want someone they can trust in court on day one, and doesn't care about the long hours/low pay because they believe in the mission. They're not looking for someone to come up with a novel treatise on crim pro ;)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm top ten percent at a tier 2, and a published member of law review with lots of prosecution externships. I'd say being from a Philly school gives you a leg up as local ties are a plus (though if you've been there and haven't interned there they may wonder -- definitely a place that wants you to want it a lot). Also, keep in mind, stats are hardly determinative in a DA office. They want someone they can trust in court on day one, and doesn't care about the long hours/low pay because they believe in the mission. They're not looking for someone to come up with a novel treatise on crim pro ;)
Did you get an offer?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Nope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:54 pm

No mail. No call. Does this mean I'm still in the running? I thought offers would have been given out before rejections.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Anyone get an offer?

BlueLotus

Gold

Post by BlueLotus » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:36 pm

For the 1L internship program, Philly DA doesn't make decisions before seeing transcripts, right?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”