Philadelphia DA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Dev Lack

New

Re: Philadelphia DA

Post by Dev Lack » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just spoke to Ms. Schuler now. She said she believes "some offers went out." She said that the DA lets her know working on applications, or something similar to that. She said she would not know the status of my application until sometime in the middle of next week and that she did not want to give me any incorrect information. I asked her about an alternate list and she did not say much about it. I am not sure if she is telling different people different things, but there have been a lot of discrepancies regarding what people say she has told them.

Has anyone heard what she told me?

I was essentially told the same thing in fewer words. With respect to my candidacy, she said that a decision had not been made yet and that I should call back by Friday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 pm

I find the above post confusing. When I called Schuler, she explained that all offers had went out and that candidates had until Monday to respond. Could it be that they are adding more people to the waitlist? Or, maybe extending more offers? How can they have WL if they have not finished going through applications?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:24 pm

I was the one who originally posted that. When I spoke to her, she made it sound as if they were not done going through all applications. She definitely told me that she "believed some offers went out."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:44 pm

Maybe she has backed off the "waitlist" idea and turned it into just "not all offers have gone out" which would also be true provided that some offers are declined............?
But to say definitively that all offers were made and then to say that she "believes some" have been made doesn't make much sense.
Oh well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm

I don't know. This whole thing is confusing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:25 am

Has anybody who is on the alternate list been offered a position yet? If so, please post.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:39 am

Sadly, not yet. I am under the impression alternate offers, if any, will not go out until next week because that is when the deadline passes for candidates to accept their offers. Please post if you get an offer or learn differently.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm getting so tired of waiting for this. My official prediction is when I call next Monday they will say they need one more week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:03 pm

You are absolutely correct. I am going to wait until mid-week to call and I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:07 am

I was wondering if any WL candidates are planning on calling today? Also, have those that do not know their status called? Any news would be much appreciated.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm probably calling tomorrow so there is actually a full week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Call with Schuler: what's the status of my application? "I haven't received final word yet, I hope to know by Wednesday." [She didn't even look me up or anything]
Okay, should I call back? Or just wait? "If you haven't heard by next week, call me back."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:04 pm

WL candidate here - I called last week on Thursday, and was told to call back on Thursday of the following week. I have not yet heard anything from the office.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Thanks for all of the information. I am also WL candidate and called last Monday. She told me to call during the middle of this week. I have a feeling it is going to be a long wait. How many on this WL are considering riding the WL out if not offered a position within the next three weeks? I was told that Philly hires from the WL all year long.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Define "all year long".

I plan on waiting it out for a month or two. After that it is what it is. Whether the 24 offers accepted or rejected should be known by the end of this week, but whether they open up budget to simply hire more is what may take months.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:10 pm

I think TLS kids compose literally half of this waitlist btw haha.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:25 pm

What was written in the post above is the exact reason why I am having trouble trusting all the information on this thread. I find it odd that not a single person who has written on this thread received an offer, and also odd that not a single person who wrote on this thread knows of anyone else who has received an offer. This "10 person waitlist" seems pretty big to me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:58 pm

*Illinois*
I swear that Ms. Schuler told me last Monday that the WL has approximately 10 people on it. I think the problem is that we have a lot of anonymous posters and we really cannot tell how many WL people are posting. I will identify myself in all future posts as *Illinois* and I am on the WL

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:28 pm

I'm on the WL but know several people who have offers. They exist.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:34 pm

I know of one who has an offer but he is a former intern and his interview was more or less a formality. Schuler explicitly told me there were 10 on the WL when I asked, though refused to tell me where I was ranked.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:54 am

*Boston*
It is interesting that we waitlist people have all flocked here. But that's self-selection bias for you I guess?? My quoting Schuler earlier today is my first time posting about the WL. It sounds like 3 or 4 others are here.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:56 am

Has anyone called?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:04 am

I just called and Schuler, verbatim, said: "I dont know anything and we dont have a timetable. I was hoping to know by today but they havent sent anything over to me. Maybe a week or two."

Yeah, we're all screwed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 am

She sounded noticeably annoyed when I called. It would be understandable if it wasn't 4 months after the panel.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 pm

I have no idea what to make of this. I was one of the people who she told to call back this week because they were still evaluating my application, although she never told me I was on a "waitlist" and I didn't ask. My thinking has always been that if they are making offers and you are not getting one expect the worst. But that being said, why does it seem like they are stringing such a large number of people along. I know several people that have gotten rejections in the past 2 weeks, so they are obviously making cuts.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”